Recent content by wje

1. wje

SOLD!!!: 2X PANAMAX M5400-PM VOLTAGE REGULATOR POWER CENTERS.SOLD!!!

I have this same Panamax power protection device. One of the most beneficial features is the ability to use a 3.5mm "trigger" cable from your pre-amp or other device to trigger the switched outlets on the Panamax. Amplifiers and other devices that don't have trigger features, can then be...
  2. wje

SOLD!!!: Revel F226be, like new (2 weeks old)SOLD!!!

It appears that they were sold to Buckeye on 3/17/2021.
  3. wje

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I can't confirm. In the post I quoted, another member said there was a lag / lip synch issue using the eARC connector.
  4. wje

I wasn't aware of the sync issue via ARC. This would have been one of the reasons for me to upgrade from the Node 2i to the Node. Well that, along with 2-way Bluetooth. At this point, I don't see enough benefit in moving from the Node 2i to the Node.
  5. wje

I've been using the Bluesound Node 2i for a few years with great success. The Bluesound app has worked for me without issue from a reliability standpoint. I've only used external DACs with the exception of trying the internal Bluesound Node 2i DAC on one occasion. Now, for my gripes - which...
  6. wje

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review (Power Conditioner/Surge Protector)

Yes, but mainly those with $2,000 speaker cables and cable "risers" for those speaker cables. :eek:
  7. wje

That's why they have a safety label on the product - so you won't take the cover off and get SHOCKED ! :p:p
  8. wje

Yes. Excellent request. I was watching OCD Hifiman on You Tube last week as he was trying to make the point that a $22K DAC he sells is the best he's heard, to date. :D:facepalm:
  9. wje

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

Good points that you've made. I did watch the video on Y.T. where you utilized the $15 Parts Express high-pass crossovers in your setup. I took a slightly different approach. I have a pair of RSL Speedwoofers in my setup with my LRS speakers. I utilize the MiniDSP DDRC-24 in between my...
  10. wje

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

From the images of new BasX amps that I've seen, the internals reveal a "traditional" or toroidal power transformer and not the switching variety that they use in their XPA series of amplifiers.
  11. wje

Audiolab 6000a

I've been using an Audiolab 6000A as a pre-amplifier for several months now. While the supplied 50 watts per channel can be a bit low, the amplifier section might be best suited for a smaller room or bedroom. However, as a pre-amplifier, I find its performance to be very good. The integrated...
  12. wje

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

During this past summer, I had the LRS, the .7 and the 1.7i. I should have never gone to the 1.7i - too massive for my condo. But, with the LRS and the .7, I realized they performed better with a class A/B amp (Parasound A23+) as opposed to the class "D" Crown XLS1502. I've since sold off...
  13. wje

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

Isn't it amazing what marketing will do for a product?
  14. wje

VU Meters: Let's See 'Em!!

My restored McIntosh MC-7270 with LED lighting and an extra layer of blue gel film on the meters.
  15. wje

Amp broke

True. Also, when moving equipment, always unplug the power cable, the RCA or XLR cables as well as the speaker connections. Then, move you gear, then, re-insert all of the connectors. This will ensure you don't put any strain on any of the jacks when moving your gear.
Top Bottom