Recent content by wje

1. wje

AV123 / GR Research X-Voce Speaker Review

Will that tweak come with a free set of tube connectors? :cool:
  2. wje

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Have you tried flashing/updating your device with the SU9 firmware/uodate?
  3. wje

McIntosh MC462 Stereo Amplifier Review (by ErinsAudioCorner.com)

Which is why shipping the amplifier - in the McIntosh provided boxes and strapped to a palet and via a freight carrier is the preferred method of shipping.
  4. wje

Inexpensive but decent subwoofer replacement plate amp for a small sub

I came across this thread because the Yung SD300 amplifier was mentioned. About a week ago, the amplifier in my RSL Speedwoofer 10S (original version), has blown up. In the process of getting the amplifier replaced - out of warranty, I was able to procure a replacement from RSL Audio...
  5. wje

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

Looks like the 906 is being marketed as a "Closeout" item by many vendors. Since it has been a speaker around since 2014, I can imagine Focal is looking to refresh the product. Similar to the Chorus, which went on sale with no announcement of a replacement - until the Theva came in to replace...
  6. wje

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

Were you using the headphone jack or speaker taps for your headphone connection?
  7. wje

Exactly. Some corners were really cut during the design, used of materials and construction of the Chora series. While I initially read the Chora line was being cut, apparently Focal just reduced their selling prices so they could insert the Focal Vestia series. While the Vestia utilizes a...
  8. wje

I live in a flat that has a neighbor below me and one above me. I have 2 RSL Speedwoofers for my 2-channel listening. I haven't had any complaints from my neighbors regarding sound. One thing I've always used on all of my subwoofers over the past 6-7 years has always been the SVS sound...
  9. wje

Back in December, I stumbled upon a post that indicated the Chora line was being discontinued. I've tried to find where I read that information and can't locate it. I was looking at the 806 around the same time and was surprised by their sale prices. I thought I'd just wait and see if Focal...
  10. wje

McIntosh Class D

Initially, the reports on price appear to have been reported incorrectly. The US$$ cost for this amplifier is going to be $4,500.
  11. wje

The "K2" version has those lovely yellow woofers, right? I never heard the K2 version of the 936, but did hear the anniversary version of the 1038BE, I believe. I wasn't a fan of the yellow woofers in the event I'd want to use the speakers with the grills off.
  12. wje

Peachtree Carina is Introduced

It appears that $1,999 "intro" price for the Carina was only valid for a few weeks after the release. It has now gone up to the regular price of $2,499. A few weeks back, I stumbled on a Nova 150 for a very, very good price. Peachtree does offer some pretty good "trade-in" prices if you have...
  13. wje

Worth Replacing Amp?

It looks like a Polk PSW-505. If so, it has a 300 watt (RMS), or 460 watt (Peak) amplifier. The enclosure is ported via a slot on the rear- of the cabinet.
  14. wje

SOLD: MiniDSP DDRC-24 & UMIK-1 Microphone

I have the following available for sale: MiniDSP DDRC-24 UMIK-1 Microphone Power Adapter USB Cable Remote Control USB memory stick with MiniDSP software. Original boxes for MiniDSP and Microphone I never activated my license to DIRAC Live for the software. This gear was gently used in my...
  15. wje

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Are you seeking volunteer beta testers of your amps with this new input board? :D:D
Top Bottom