Recent content by wizardofoz

1. W

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

You have both, try both and see which if any you prefer. Job done. I really don’t know why people ask such questions when it’s their own ears and brain they need to satisfy.
  2. W

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

No DSD is a bit of bummer too…even in modes without dsp/dirac.
  3. W

Linkwitz LX521.4 - new build and impressions

Yes absolutely if you are starting from scratch it’s the only way to go.
  4. W

Linkwitz LX521.4 - new build and impressions

I use an 8 channel Apollon 8350 with the woofers for each side in parallel thus negating the need for 5 amps per channel. The tweeters are fine even tho the amplifier is spec’d at 350W into 8 ohms. I will at some point move the tweeters to the equal gain mp122mc hypex Module in a separate...
  5. W

Insanely Expensive Audio: Seoul Edition

I’m (and the mrs) are off to Seoul next weekend and the wife will go to visit her office maybe Monday so I think I know where I’m going that day….awesome. Where to find the Revox shop?
  6. W

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

From the manual no mention for balanced like the bolded for RCA. Thanks for the reply. 9. Balanced Audio Output For use with balanced XLR connections. The balanced connection is the higher quality option and can reject noise and interference in the cable when used with other equipment that...
  7. W

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

Would any owner here be able to confirm a couple of things for me please. is the XLR output also variable as the manual implies only for RCA? Ie direct to amp or active speakers? does the toslink output work concurrently with the analogue outputs as I was to use this for a trigger option using...
  8. W

Various Hypex NCx500 amp builds

I have an Apollon 8350 which has 4 x NC502MP modules and these have additional Heatsinks attached to each amp plate, but the cooling options in the case vents are a little bit limited so have installed some slow running fans to keep things in check.
  9. W

"Full Size" DACs?

Denafrips terminator also emotiva XDA3 about to be available
  10. W

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

I tried mine with the U90 and don’t think I had any issues…but don’t use the stack now so should maybe sell it all
  11. W

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

That might just work, but iirc there is a big in iOS 16.4 that breaks external DAC’s on camera connection
  12. W

Hypex UcD180HG HxR amplifier module analysis and review

It’s not done yet but I’m sure it sounds just fine…there are plenty of details out there already, this was really just a post to say that they are still available and work plenty well enough got mine from http://www.KJFAudi.com … build is in Singapore so I’m not sending anywhere.
  13. W

Hypex UcD180HG HxR amplifier module analysis and review

I happened to acquire 2 ucd180hxr modules and an SMPS400a180 so I added 2 amp more modules and a pair of ucd400’s and smps400a400 for my linkwitz LXmini+2 setup, but did a new chassis to hold it all
Top Bottom