Recent content by Wizard509

1. Wizard509

DATS V3 Measurements on vintage 15" woofers

My original plan was to rebuild the AT15s, but after exchanging multiple messages with a very patient member of ASR, I decided to replace them with a pair of Adam T5V satellites and T10S sub. So, I will put the Cerwin Vega drivers up for sale.
  2. Wizard509

DATS V3 Measurements on vintage 15" woofers

I have two pair of vintage 15" Cerwin Vega woofers. Each pair was used in a different loudspeaker assembly. I ran Free Air Parameters using a DATS V3. Some of the data is given below. The woofers appear to virtually identical physically and both were used in vented enclosures. The volume of...
  3. Wizard509

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Topics/procedures that newbies such as myself need when looking at moving from "old school" equipment to modern components. A glossary of terms for newbies. I spent many hours looking through threads before stumbling across the term "passive preamp." I needed that vocabulary in order to...
  4. Wizard509

Advice for newb with new system

Thank you! I see that you are in Florida. I am in the panhandle a bit north of Panama City.
  5. Wizard509

Advice for newb with new system

Hello and thank you for reading this post. I am putting a new system in my shop. The chain will be: W10 laptop running Foobar > JDS ATOM DAC+ > Nobsound passive preamp > ADAM T10S subwoofer > ADAM T5V satellites. I am very much “old school” when it comes to audio equipment and would greatly...
  6. Wizard509

Topping E70 randomly went to MAX volume..

Which controller do you use? Will it work with a DAC that is feeding active monitors? Thanks.
  7. Wizard509

Digital preamp vs Windows volume control

Apologies for digging up an old thread. I am "old school" with regard to audio equipment and do not know nearly as much as I would like about modern components. I am working toward replacing the system that is in my shop. It will laptop based with a not-yet-selected DAC. Monitors will be...
  8. Wizard509

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

The highest point in Florida is Britton Hill which is shown to be 345 feet above sea level and is located 60-70 miles WNW of here.
  9. Wizard509

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Northwest Florida, U.S.A. - about 40 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The driveway is about a 1/4 mile long. It is about the same distance to the closest neighbor. The elevation increases about 120 feet from the road to the house. The image shows about 27 acres. The property includes 240 acres...
  10. Wizard509

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

My desktop system is 2.1 and the one in my shop is vintage stereo - Cerwin Vega AT-15s with Harman Kardon 670 Twin.
  11. Wizard509

A Call For Humor!

Apologies if this has already been posted.
  12. Wizard509

Knives. Knifethread.

My Bowies. The top one is a Cold Steel Laredo. The bottom two are hand forged pieces from Greg Covington. The bottom one was custom made for me and is based on the "Hell's Belle" which was designed by the late Bill Bagwell.
  13. Wizard509

Cat News?

Fur Ball - just over two years old now. He showed up at our house - which is in the middle of the woods - as a barely weaned kitten.
  14. Wizard509

A Call For Humor!

15. Wizard509

ScanSpeak Revelator 13" subs

In my shop, I now have a pair of Cerwin-Vega AT15s that are driven by a Harman-Kardon HK670 Twin. The AT15s need new cabinets; I'm hoping that will a winter project for me.
Top Bottom