Recent content by Wino

1. W

RPi4 + Pi2AES alternative or off the shelf unit?

I run something similar with LMS on a Windows machines and several Picoreplayers running on RPi. Its nice as you can synch them all up for a whole home audio solution. As I said, I use Tidal. However, I believe Qobuz is only lossless, meaning FLAC, WAV, etc... I found this in an article about...
  2. W

Oppo BDP-103 with oppomod i2s over HDMI card to Gustard x26pro

Or maybe sell the Gustard and get a Holo May or Spring 3;-)
  3. W

Picoreplayrer LMS and alsa with usb dac

It's does look like your USB dac is not been recognized. Turn on the DAC and set it to USB. Then go to Main Page and hit restart. Then go back to output setting and select HW:CARD.
  4. W

Picoreplayrer LMS and alsa with usb dac

Have you checked in with slimdevices forum? Might get better results.
  5. W

Please help me choose a Dac

Perfect job proving my point.
  6. W

Please help me choose a Dac

I enjoy this forum and have learned a lot. However, some of you folks can be a bit condescending in your approach to offering suggestions to others. Take it down a notch. Anonymity only get you so far. To answer the OPs question and I'm sure I will be roasted, but I am very happy with HoloAudio...
  7. W

NAS for Music Servers

What made you choose Volumio over Moode or Picoreplayer/LMS?
  8. W

Just hooked up the Oppo to Gustard via I2S and played a CD without any static. Played a SACD and still getting static.
  9. W

Can't remember trying CDs with Oppo to X26. I have done both with the Holo May with no noise. I have burned everything to FLAC and DSF and use a RPi with Picoreplayer over USB to both DACs as my main way of listening. I will connect the Oppo to X26 in the next couple of days and test it for you.
  10. W

I did not have to change the Holo May. Default worked. I believe the Holo May has three settings you can change too. You can have a look at the manual and see the pins bening used and compare to the Gustard. From there, cable should be easily made. Regarding HoloAudio May:) Yes, love the DAC...
  11. W

Set to amp. No changes to Gustard. Phase is off. Background static. Probably a cable pin issue, not a perfect alignment. Get none of the noise with Holo May which has silent background.
  12. W

I used a normal HDMI cable and power was just through the normal HDMI connected to the Oppo 105. I currently have it connected to HoloAudio May in the same configuration. Worked with no configuration changes and also sends DSD not DOP.
  13. W

I have the box that I linked to attached to HoloAudio May. Hadn't connected to Gustard since I bought it... However, just connected it and it is doing DSD, not DOP. Agree that there is a noise issue though with the DSD.
  14. W

I have an Oppo 105. I have used this box to send SACD via HDMI to I2S in my 2 DACs. A HoloAudio May and a Gustard X26 Pro without issue. I almost never use it as I stream my ripped SACDs via RPi to USB and the DACs. But, I can if I want too... https://www.ebay.com/itm/393230022301?var=662147688204
Top Bottom