Recent content by wineds

1. wineds

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

OK with more testing alsa device "default : DAC8PRO" can play 2 channels.
  2. wineds

Coming from 1.42 the upgrade to 1.5 succeeded on Win10. However my camilladsp setup on archlinux was broken. Unless something changed recently on my Linux box that I hadn't noticed it seems device "plughw : DAC8PRO" no longer handles up mix from 2 to 8 channels. I had to revert to using a 2 to...
  3. wineds

Marantz NR1510 AVR Review

@Amir if possible could you also measure the pre outs to see if it's usable as a preprocessor? Maybe just SINAD please?
  4. wineds

Are you sure its version 1.0. ? Not 1.0.2 or something like that? In any case if your firmware is that old then you are going to need help from Pavel as you firmware can only be updated with an XMOS xtag. Keep trying to ping him.
  5. wineds

What version firmware do you have? Is there an issue with your current firmware?
  6. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Still no response? I've tried 4 times to contact him this year about a support issue without response.
  7. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Yes it's nominally 5v but under load in my case into my purifi build typically about 3.5v.
  8. wineds

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Hi Michael, I notice there also a similar " error with the Shairport Sync line. I get clipping just testing using your default camilladsp.yml containing 2x8 mixer and volume control. If I drop the Camilla GUI volume slider to -1db clipping vanishes.
  9. wineds

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I have been having a play with this today. There's a lot to like. Nice write up @mdsimon2 ! Anybody else get clipping with volume filters at 0db? I wanted to try this as my Okto has always used plughw (I guess to handle the 2 to 8 channel conversion) and I wanted to bypass that and go...
  10. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

That's great news! The smell is likely from the transformer or the meanwell power supply I think which both would have copped a momentary whack from the surge.
  11. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Mine measures 120 ohm but it's 240v version so yours will be different but should certainly be less than 500ohm. Also possible mean well 5v power supply is bad.
  12. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

If you have a multimeter please unplug mains lead from wall socket and measure the resistance between the two plug pins. Do this with a known good fuse installed. This will check continuity of the transformer primaries.
  13. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

I know you likely want to get the power company to pay for the repair but maybe take the lid off and post some detailed photos? Could reveal the extent of any damage and who knows there might be a relatively easy fix.
  14. wineds

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Maybe ask Pavel to ship you a new power supply board? It should be quite simple to swap out.
Top Bottom