Recent content by WilliamO

1. W

Please help me choose a turntable...

I do have a Reloop MK7000 Gold brand new in package - never used it. Wonder if it's any good with a cartridge?
  2. W

That's good; really good. Never caught that. Maybe they improve the closer you get to 1.
  3. W

I can definitely appreciate your point of view. Is the gun fight the equivalent of digital music and knife fight, analog? If so, I cannot totally disagree with you. I do believe we approach a point where the ears cannot resolve the resolution lost in digital music due to the ADC, but the...
  4. W

Haha. Agreed. I'm definitely not made of money either - not even close, but I do try to purchase what I really really want and I don't generally make frivolous purchases. $20-30K is significant, to me at least. I'd probably purchase with an equity loan against a rental property or use a 0%...
  5. W

That is extremely impressive. Do you think the SL1000R is difficult to justify against the 1200G?
  6. W

What are the thoughts on the Technics SL1000R? This would more than likely constitute a purchase and check out from this place with it in my system. :) Any idea how well this piece will hold value? Has anyone seen any for resale? Yamaha GT5000? The aesthetics of my equipment is important...
  7. W

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I am extremely interested in this streamer for a couple different reasons. I presently have the CNXv2 (streamer into DAC - McIntosh D150) and I think it is absolutely WONDERFUL. I also have the Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - I use as a digital preamp. I am most interested in the ability to serve...
  8. W

All very good points. Thank you for pointing that out. I was actually well aware of the performance of the direct drive Technics and was committed to purchase, but, in my opinion the other tables are so nice to look at. This may be a dumb question, but are the differences in measurements audible?
  9. W

1. Musical Fidelity M8xTT 2. McIntosh MT5 3. McIntosh MT10 4. Technics SL-1200G This will most likely pair with a McIntosh C12000. I presently have (2) McIntosh MC275VI, McIntosh D150, McIntosh MCT450, Cambridge Audio CXNv2 and NHT T5 speakers. I am considering Focal Diablo Utopia Color Evo...
  10. W

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Got it. Thank you. I'm in it now.
  11. W

I'm on AVS forum as well. RZ50 forum?
  12. W

CD / Streamer --> DAC --> RZ50 --> Outboard crossover --> Outboard amps Wonder if my XBOX direct into the RZ50 will affect the bass output? So I'm guessing I should get the RZ50?
  13. W

Thank you for the reply. Let me make certain I understand: If I pass analog from my DAC to an analog input and set to Pure the receiver still processes the audio signal? This does not appear to be the case with my Marantz. My crossover is also external so I set all speakers to large.
  14. W

So, do I purchase this thing and use external amplification or do I go Marantz C50, Sony ES, NAD T778? I'm not really a Denon fan. Sony appears to have audio processing issues with speaker locations. This RZ50 appears to have everything once external amplification is added. NAD isn't HDMI 2.1.
Top Bottom