Recent content by William53b

1. W

Schiit Lokius Review (Equalizer)

So, for those of us that heard the concert, and have the recording, will you be looking at the Loki Max? I say this, having recently listened to the King Crimson catalog and have seen them perform live last fall. There is no way Court of the Crimson King will ever come close, in straight...
  2. W

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

An inexpensive speaker does not have to be a cheap speaker. I bought my first Maggie’s in 1978, and they had one advantage over mine, heavier Mylar that was not as elastic as the present models. If you can’t look at a panel, sans sock, and immediately tell me the first thing that is wrong with...
  3. W

I'll assume you started this out with a rhetorical question. Thanks for the info, all good to know.
  4. W

Oh my word. I have both, and don't play them side by side. The R3 will just humiliate them, of course the R3 isn’t dipole, but that can be somewhat fixed by using a rear firing tweeter that in most cases in my quest for a better sounding speaker, really helps the humble box. As a layperson...
  5. W

Thanks so much for the in depth review. Not completely surprised with the results and your conclusions because I own the 1.7i's, and it's been a nightmare redesigning the XO with quality components, and once I had the sock all the way off, saw all kinds of things wrong with the panel design...
Top Bottom