Recent content by Whoareyou

1. W

Marantz Cinema 30

Agree 100% on this, especially the need for 13.4 channels being an important factor. Based on the 30, I completely understand your appreciation for the 10. Funny thing is the 30 is making me have a bit of buyer's remorse regarding some of my past DAC purchases. I still need to evaluate...
  2. W

Marantz Cinema 30

Fair enough, but that's what's great about today's AVR market. If you don't want the additional build quality, which Marantz discusses in one of their Audioholic videos, then you can still buy a lower cost, great measuring AVR, but with that lesser quality hardware. The Cinema 30 is simply not...
  3. W

Marantz Cinema 30

So, I know what I'd like to pay for this receiver, but is the price really insane? I'm really curious what people think this type of equipment should cost? The amount of R&D, parts, manufacturing cost, 5 year warranty, and those licensing fees, etc. are not insignificant. Compared to my...
  4. W

Marantz Cinema 30

I've wondered similar, but one would hope that the Dolby licensing process confirms it's all working as expected. Then again, as you've pointed out regarding the independent reviews, you never know ....
  5. W

Marantz Cinema 30

Well, the price is up there, and it would have been hard for me to swallow if it didn't perform well. Given that it does perform, I think this receiver is a bargain for all the functionality it offers. For me, the only feature that would make this AVR better would be if it offered a way to...
  6. W

Squeezebox replacement - picore with which speakers?

One other solution I just remembered that friend says works great, is to use one of those cheap mini-routers to provide the wireless. Then he uses radio's ethernet to mini router's ethernet port. He says it works flawlessly, as the mini router has modern wifi chip and updated drivers. One more...
  7. W

When you install there are a couple of gotchas on the configuration... You are probably already updated with server, but make sure server version is LMS 8.x. Recommended by firmware creator to do a factory reset before installing. If you forget, this step can also be done after installation...
  8. W

That's correct. Sorry, I thought that's what you were talking about.
  9. W

Are you including the updated firmware that the community provided? https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/3rd-party-software/110192-announce-community-firmware-for-squeezebox-radio-touch-controller-and-lms-8 It supposedly contains the same basic "fix" as the wlanpoke mentioned...
  10. W

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-amp-streaming-amplifier-review.52372/
  11. W

Haven't tried any of these, but interesting and if it works well easily integrates many other streaming services.... https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000610226-how-to-use-wiim-pro-wiim-pro-plus-amp-with-squeezelite Depending on budget, the amp with speakers could be a very...
  12. W

Marantz Cinema 30

Have mine now for a few days, and it is superb! The level of clarity I am hearing, with Dirac, Audyssey (without any apps), or pure mode is very good. I'm coming from a Marantz 7010, and I thought it was fine for movies, especially those which are Atmos sourced. Problem was that I hated...
  13. W

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

I want reliability because it's a pain in the neck to return anything, but stuff breaks. Of larger concern should be the ability to return and/or get a product repaired, under warranty or out of warranty. I wish there was some way to capture that information in the "measurement" data, but it's...
  14. W

Topping DM7 Owners Thread

Question about the 3 "Auto" power modes, signal, trigger and off. When I select the "auto trigger" setting it works as expected, however "auto signal" is also enabled and each time the computer wakes the DAC comes out of stand-by. Is there a way to stop this behavior?
  15. W

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

Having just purchased, and now after a few weeks of listening and measuring in my room, I find the placement somewhat important to bass. My meassurements show good bass down to around 25, plus my usual room nulls that drive me crazy. Moving the sepakers around changes things a bit, but at...
Top Bottom