Recent content by WesParker

1. W

Pro-ject Phono Box MM Review

Why has the Cambridge Duo fallen off the SINAD chart?
  2. W

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

it might be your player, I had this trouble sometimes when I used and older iPad. A newer iPad resolved. But also the transfer playback button works a lot better than it used to. Once I transfer playback, I never have issues.
  3. W

This is how I use mine. I have digital and analog inputs and outputs wired. Plus I stream internally. I switch between analog out and Digital out to my Vanatoo just for giggles sometimes. The Analog output is louder, but both sound good and turning up the Vanatoo volume can make up the...
  4. W

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

The subwoofer output actually changes the “mode” of the speaker and it retunes the dsp for the active speakers as well as providing a tuned sub output. These speakers get quite loud when paired with a subwoofer. I also think they sound better with the limiter turned off, which is not the...
  5. W

Rouge Audio Studio N5 : D-CELL 504 modules by Powersoft 2x190W / 8 R

If you check out their website, looks like they have multiple class D boards that they will shove in that same case.
  6. W

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Not sure why anyone would need it, but super cheap USB DAC/ADC. Behringer UCA202 For $9.99 shipped.
  7. W

A quick glance at the manual would make me think the Unison intends to control the output of the subwoofer using the ARC function. It definitely does not have a dedicated subwoofer processor. The manual specifically states using the subwoofer's local volume and crossover controls to "balance"...
  8. W

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

I hate to be that guy, but is there a summary of the final output of the build anywhere? I've read quite a bit of this thread, but haven't read all 42 pages yet.
  9. W

My thoughts on your setup is that you won't be getting any ARC adjustments on your subwoofers. Maybe that doesn't matter, but seems like it won't have as much positive effect as you'd like.
  10. W

help finding some active speakers with S/PDIF input

The Vanatoo have a full digital dsp/EQ network for woofer and tweeter (4 amp channels) for the stereo pair. The speakers come with 2 different eq profiles depending on if connected to a subwoofer. There is no freq cutoff adjustment, but there is level control for the sub channel (within the...
  11. W

So does the direct streaming work with Amazon Music? When I try to send it direct, I just get a box saying something like “checking credentials” then it fails after a few minutes.
  12. W

It may not affect anything, but if the "dips" are caused by digital bit rate handshaking issues between the PW-Link and your DAC. Switching to the Analog output would eliminate that handshake, although possibly give you inferior audio due to the lesser DAC in the PW-Link. Although, I'm...
  13. W

I don't believe "fixed volume" means that the volume just stops changing. It means full output so that volume can be controlled later in the chain. I thought that I read the "dips" in volume were caused by differences in bit rate from the digital outputs. You should try the analog output and...
  14. W

I haven’t looked at it enough, but I always assumed ARC worked mostly by pulling down freq, rather than pushing any up. Also, possibly a way to test this, if you use digital out how does that change things? in my setup I have the PWLink (in fixed mode) connected via optical and RCA to my...
  15. W

Amp opinions please... I have a little dilemma...

I’ll be the first to chime in and say you should go with powered speakers. Especially if you can find a set with DSP for crossovers and equalization (intended to mean bass/treble control), but could include room correction or custom filters. Vanatoo and iLoud come to mind.
Top Bottom