Recent content by Wegi76

1. W

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Impressive! Do you have a favorite and why?
  2. W

Thanks for the advice, Slothrock. I did not know, that there is an alternative headband available at all. My VC came with the thinner one. I`ll contact my dealer in Germany if he has these in stock. BTW: I have another earphone just joined my collection: A set of Sennheiser IE 600. Substantial...
  3. W

@SlothRock: Mine are made of Sapele and weight 520g without the cable. They came with the Al-hardware. The Mg versions are lighter.
  4. W

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Wow...Impressive product. Congratultions , Topping! @JohnYang1997 Are you the designer of this?
  5. W

Keith, that seems to be a very good choice for your only headphone :) The Clear sounds fantastic.
  6. W

I tried to build a little collection that covers different types of headphones over the last one or two years... As of today: ZMF Verité Closed (closed over-ear dynamic) Hifiman Arya (open over-ear planar) Focal Clear (open over-ear dynamic) Sennheiser HD660S (open over-ear dynamic) 64 Audio...
  7. W

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

Cannot confirm that btw, Amir... I can set low and medium also in bypass mode here. As a benefit, the DC offset went down to -3mV and -26mV in this mode :-o So, no "plop" when connecting the headphones at all on the right earcup and just a little bit on the left channel. RMEs outputlevel @...
  8. W

Just to confirm if I understood you correctly: I have a XLR -> 2x 3,5mm jack headphone cable and the correct way to setup the measurement is to connect the black measurement cable of my multimeter to pin1 of a random 3-pin XLR Out on the back and to attach the other cable to the tips (L+/R+)...
  9. W

Thanks again for your help, solderdude. I`ll try to look at this a bit less headlessly tonight when I have time again. :-)
  10. W

No, it does not seem to be volume dependant at all. I opened the case and (headlessly!) tried to figure out how the 4 blue pots work and finally managed to reduce the DC offset a bit. Now it reads -98mV left and -63mV right on the headphone out. Pre-Out readings remained identical, like the...
  11. W

Here you go... DC between Pins Left channel Right channel 2-3 -137mV -97mV 2-1 -71mV -51mV 3-1 66mV 46mV And a big correction! When measuring the headphone cable, the amp was still in pre-out mode. After changing that it reads -128mV (left channel) and -81mVa (right channel) :-(...
  12. W

Hey there, I measured between pins 2 and 3 as labeld in right representation ("Männlich") below. I`ve just switched it on again and will repeat the measurements between the other pins as you asked for in about 15minutes or so, when it stabilized. Thanks already!
  13. W

Guys, I could really need some advice (electrics noob). The DC-Offset topic concerned me and I just grabbed a multimeter and measured the volatage between pin 2 and 3 of the male xlr-preouts on the back. Since I powered it on about 15 minutes ago the values constantly creep up and seem to...
  14. W

I switched on the bypass mode the first time today because of Amirs test results. Before that it displayed the volume. Where the pixels were lit before I can now see a slight hint of fade in the logo. Similar to the miniDSPs display, but much less pronounced so far... Here you can see it a...
  15. W

There is truth to this... The Bursons display is not that bad so far. But the burn-in effect is visible here too (hard to see in the picture). On the MiniDSP Studios OLED below the burn-in effect is dramatic already. Both untis are being used for less than 12months :-o
Top Bottom