Recent content by weasels

1. W

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

That's not super great news, after looking at that review...
  2. W

It would be interesting to see how the Forte measures up to the Echo Link Amp, which as far as I can tell is a very similar device.
  3. W

Don't set your subwoofer on the floor

Point #2 is often misused. The original states "The customer is always right in matters of taste". In other words, if you think it's trashy or gauche as a salesperson, keep your opinion to yourself. If it's just wrong or bad, the customer is not always right.
  4. W

Ugliest component ever created

The fact that this and the Hugo are made by the same company is hilarious to me.
  5. W

Don't set your subwoofer on the floor

I mean I can try not to put it on the floor but man it gets heavy to hold when I'm listening to music. Definitely feel it in my chest, though.
  6. W

I resemble that remark.
  7. W

If Macs aren't to your taste in amps, maybe a kraken?
  8. W

I like Macintosh, but I recognize that it's a hotly debated topic. I give you this turntable:
  9. W

Turning speakers on their sides or upside down? Need solution for my desktop setup

For me it was a matter of getting the tweeters at ear level, nothing more.
  10. W

For those of you that are around 50 YO and over - do you think about death?

I suffer from acute depression, so the issue for me is less fear of death and more temptation towards it. Medication helps a lot - I take Lexapro. There are side effects I'd rather do without but it beats the relentless call of the void.
  11. W

IMO the last few posts don't belong in this thread. Don't derail the deal train!
  12. W

ZERO AUDIO Carbo Tenore ZH-DX200-CT Review (IEM)

I use comply foam tips, but had good luck with generic silicon tips as well.
  13. W

Do inexpensive amplifiers age badly over years?

I have no horse in this race, but if it isn't hottest next to the heat sink that is probably indicative of a design problem by itself. That said, design is all about tradeoffs and I agree that we lack the context regarding this particular tradeoff and assuming it's lazy/bad engineering is...
  14. W

Do inexpensive amplifiers age badly over years?

Hmmm, I don't know.... those 470D stickers aren't lined up perfectly, could affect the sound...
  15. W

Aussie amateur audiophile seeking savvy recommendations for desktop setup

The Magni 3 does not do speakers. It's a great headphone amp, though. I believe the same is true for Atom. Obv. that isn't an issue if you're using them to feed a powered monitor like the 305s. How much do Adam monitors run in Australia? I bought a pair of the budget line for my son and we've...
Top Bottom