Recent content by wbenjin

1. W

New product - SMSL AO300

You should select PCM.
  2. W

WiiM Amp discussion

Integrated Room Correction will be great!
  3. W

WiiM Amp discussion

Since I call R3 Meta the "load" I am measuring the amplifier itself, measured at amplifier binding post. No smoothing at all. Sorry for confusion. I am not trying to explain why I feel R-N800A sounds better than WiiM Amp, just providing my honest subjective opinion and some objective...
  4. W

WiiM Amp discussion

What I said is I "have no tools to measure power amplifier", i.e. high power resistive load. I have Cosmos ADC and other handy tools. Since I have no dummy load I decide to use REAL load (KEF R3 Meta) to perform measurement. Level are set to my usual listening level. I've done some simple...
  5. W

WiiM Amp discussion

Update: I just done simple A/B listening with WiiM Amp and Yamaha R-N800A, and I think the difference are clearly audible. I have no tools to measure power amplifier so can only provide subjective opinion: women voice of WiiM Amp is dull or "less sweet" or whatever audiophile terms they use...
  6. W

WiiM Amp discussion

Just listen to my KEF R3 Meta with WiiM Amp at 3.5m distance, everything works fine, can easily go to uncomfortable loud with 60% volume.
  7. W

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Greetings from Taiwan!
  8. W

miniDSP 2x4 HD (DDRC-24) V2 simple measurement and teardown pictures

I bought my unit on July 2022, so I think if you order directly from miniDSP you will get V2 version.
  9. W

I have no proper way to measure ADC performance, so I left it for someone to done :)
  10. W

Since Amirm has reviewed miniDSP 2x4HD, there is new V2 version with different DAC/ADC chip (probably due to AKM fire), seems no one has published the measurement data and pictures of internal components, so I make some simple measurements and teardown. I am new to audio measurement field, so...
  11. W

SMSL SU9 Pro

And just my personal opinion, using very hi-end DAC (such as SU-9 Pro) for low or mid range active speaker is a bit overkill, since the speaker itself generates much more noise and distortion than DAC, I would suggest just using entry level DAC (SMSL DO100 for example) and save the money for...
  12. W

SMSL SU9 Pro

For your questions: 1) U probably means Unbalance output (RCA), and B means Balanced (XLR), I recently using XLR output so it shows B 2) There is no firmware update now and SMSL seems don't release firmware update for DACs. 3) SU-9 Pro (and majority of DACs) has pre-amp function (aka volume...
  13. W

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

Update: Using a direct USB Type B to USB-C cable, it works on Mac mini M2 Pro without any issue.
  14. W

SMSL SU-9 Pro not compatible with Mac

I don't have lightning to USB adapter, but I can tell you that it works with iPad Air 4th gen (come with USB-C connector).
Top Bottom