Recent content by wav3form

1. W

So I'm starting to figure it out. Preamp/DAC related general blathering.

I'm one of those HIFI guys that's slowly figuring out what works and what doesn't work for me. This won't be well written or anything, it's just my random experience so far. I hooked up my Cherry Maraschino inline monos to my Magnepan LRS+ with a Chord Qutest into a tube preamp with an Orchard...
  2. W

Looking for preamp suggestions for a pair of Maraschino Cherry inline monos.

That’s ok, I’m still looking! I’m using a smsl do200 as a DAC/preamp currently (with the cherries and Magnepan LRS+ and it sounds good. I’m just wondering if I can improve.
  3. W

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

So I could do the same with the DAC8 stereo? Sorry, I'm not that knowledgeable about hooking everything up.
  4. W

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

This might be a silly question but can the DAC8 send a signal to a powered sub? I'm trying to minimize my setup and replace my tube preamp, iFi Zen Stream and Chord Qutest.
  5. W

You know I have a SMSL DO200 which is a few years old DAC with a preamp function and XLR in/out and tried that out today. Hooked my iFi Zen Stream up to it via USB, ran XLR out to my Cherry monos and even hooked my Martin Logan 10" sub to it. I didn't realize you can just turn on all the...
  6. W

I'm looking at the LA4 since I don't really want the headphone amp option. Good call though.
  7. W

Nice, I haven't considered the Pre90. I was just looking at a Ladder Bach and a Denafrips Athena but it's so hard to choose.
  8. W

Hey ASR peeps, I picked up a pair of Maraschino Cherry monos recently and I'm on the hunt for a balanced preamp to hook up to 'em. Right now I'm using an Erhard Audio Aretha tube pre (uses four 6SL7) but it doesn't have balanced inputs or outputs. I have an Orchard Audio rca to xlr convertor...
  9. W

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

I think it's the same people. They have a link to their ".ca" site on the US site. And yes, it looks sketch.
  10. W

So is the DMP-A6 actually for sale anywhere reliable or are they just trickling in randomly and selling out immediately? I found this place that says they have stock but I've never used them before. I'll send them a message but figured I'd ask here too...
  11. W

Not sure if it's been posted yet but there's a "Master" version of this unit. An upgraded version. EVERSOLO DMP-A6 MASTER EDITION...
  12. W

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Has anybody heard the 8s yet?
  13. W

Review and Measurements of Crown XLS 1502 Amp

Ok I'll try that tomorrow after work. What's funny is my smaller powered sub can bounce me out of the room and this behemoth is quiet as a mouse. Thanks for the help, I'll post back the results.
  14. W

I'm not sure how to set the sub to 75dB. Right now I'm just going by ear... the AVR isn't turned up very high at the moment.
  15. W

No I skipped Audyssey and did everything manually. I'm just trying to get the sub going for now.
Top Bottom