Recent content by watchnerd

1. watchnerd

New JBL 4349 Speakers

Coming from Maggies, do you find the switch to horns as big of a night and day difference as some say? What would you say the Maggies do better vs the 4367s, and vice versa?
  2. watchnerd

Why has Audio (and maybe all hobbies) become so hostile?

I starting to recall the Boob Nazis thread again....
  3. watchnerd

Why can't audio industry standardize on a common digital audio "hdmi"?

When do you need that as a stand alone device? My interface (RME ADI-2 Pro) just has it built in.
  4. watchnerd

Having @Thomas savage police things is like having a pimp as your group therapy counselor.
  5. watchnerd

We meet again you loggerheaded tickle-brained Pomerian. BWAHAHA!
  6. watchnerd

HD6XX bass

So dorky.
  7. watchnerd

HD6XX bass

That would be me. So when I listen to headphones at night to avoid disturbing wifey, I leave the subwoofers on.
  8. watchnerd

In my sport, we have fights about knurling.
  9. watchnerd

"Spinorama is a good starting point, for sure." I could add some little stars and stuff to jazz it up, I suppose? ;)
  10. watchnerd

The original point being.... Speakers, and rooms, are far far far far away from being a solved problem when compared to electronics. It's really not worth a lot of brain cells for consumers to worry about microscopic differences between 'good enough' DACs and amps and 'State of the Art' DACs...
  11. watchnerd

Correct on what the research means for directivity. Not correct that good directivity score automatically correlates to all aspects of "sounds good" at a subjective level for you, personally. My head transfer function and pinnae are not the same as yours.
  12. watchnerd

Spinorama is a good starting point, for sure. But it doesn't mean you personally prefer it over another good spin speaker. I can give you two speakers that have similarly 'good' spinoramas and you will undoubtedly be able to tell them apart in a double blind test, and probably prefer one over...
  13. watchnerd

Spinorama by no means predict that it will sound good in any room. A 5" woofer speaker with a good spin isn't going to sound awesome in a 20' x 30' room with high ceilings.
Top Bottom