Recent content by warnerwh

1. W

Bi-amping, searching amp for low tones

You really need to try different speakers. A different ss amp will likely have zero audible difference. You'll have to do your own research regarding damping factor to understand why.
  2. W

Arendal 1723 Towers best amplifier

I hope you don't think a different power amplifier is going to make some sort of significant improvement in sound quality. What you have is a receiver which has a power amplifier section in it which is decent. It would be helpful if you would describe what you're not happy with. Also you may...
  3. W

“The Sensible Sound” magazine the ASR forum of pre-internet days?

Julian stated in at least one issue that any products that they received were tested and performed poorly were simply returned to the manufacturer rather than waste space in the magazine.
  4. W

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

Remember it's all about synergy. Everybody here assumes from only a few little tests the speakers don't sound that good. It should be obvious they are grand children of the JBL L100's. All these speakers need is a good tube amp costing five figures and some good quality speaker cables like these...
  5. W

YouTube cracks down on ad blockers

Using Firefox and Adblocker Ultimate the ads are blocked. At first they weren't but after a few days they are gone.
  6. W

Dennon x3300 vs x3700

The reasoning is that at about 1.4 volts the preamp starts to clip in that receiver. However keep in mind that even at 2 volt output you're still only looking at about 73db sinad or about .03 THD+distortion. Unless you have amazing hearing ability it's very unlikely you're going to hear that...
  7. W

Parasound 23+

@Dallas2122 I'm curious as to the difference between the electrons going into the amplifer when using the stock power cord as opposed to the Pangea AC9-SE power cord for $300.00. If we measured the output of the Parasound amplifier using the two different power cords would there be any...
  8. W

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

@RenSong, Circuit breakers can wear out. If it is tripped much at all I'd just replace it. They don't cost much. If the new one trips get an electrician to your house and your amp checked out. Your amp shouldn't be tripping a breaker when turning it on. Wiring problems can be dangerous.
  9. W

My system as of now or: My Hi Fi a series of compromises

The Audyssey app is well worth the 20 dollars and is highly recommended.
  10. W

Is it worth getting locking RCA cables?

Regular RCA connectors work just fine. Save your money and yourself some grief. I also threw them away after the battle to get them off.
  11. W

Class D Buckeye or Van Alstine M750, & a Bi-amping Question

You should trust Monitor Audio. They are being honest with you. Unless you do active biamping you are just throwing your money away. I doubt you'd ever be able to notice the difference between 500wpc and 1000wpc. At max power you're looking at only 3db difference in loudness.
  12. W

A Call For Humor!

13. W

Do solid state amplifiers not produce any even order harmonic distortion?

Just like the title says. Also conversely do tube amplifiers produce any odd order harmonic distortion? Thanks
  14. W

Hearing Aids and High Fidelity

I'm very happy with mine. They're expensive though and I doubt you're going to get much for less than at least 3 or 4k but am not educated on other products. These are real world 5k and the frequency response is adjusted to my ear's frequency response. When adjusting the audiologist actually put...
Top Bottom