Recent content by Walter

1. Walter

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

You've clearly never seen the bricks they use here in Cambodia!
  2. Walter

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

I'm thinking the same thing! (But my desk is a converted folding table, so I'd only be cutting plywood and some laminate. I'd never do it to a quality desk. Anything above Ikea level, no way.)
  3. Walter

I am guessing that aligning the inputs and and outputs would have required the unit to be slightly larger, but that is just a guess. if not, or if we are talking less than 1cm or something, then I certainly agree that it should have been done. As someone with very mild OCD, this would irritate...
  4. Walter

@amirm could you please post the 50mV sound to noise ratio?
  5. Walter

I don't quite get what some posters are thinking. I realize that many on this board are not native English speakers, but when people start saying they "demand" or "insist" that Amir does something, I can't figure out why they think they have any right to do that. Ask, request, beg, plead--all...
  6. Walter

Google Nest Audio Spinorama and Measurements

Yes, I console myself with the thought that if they had accommodated this, either through software or speaker level inputs, i would have never been able to buy a pair for $85--even in pink.
  7. Walter

Google Nest Audio Spinorama and Measurements

I should have posted this long ago. I just forgot. @napilopez thank you so much for testing these and bringing them to my attention. They sound absolutely fantastic on my desk, once I got them elevated to minimize the "desk bounce." Sitting on the desk, and therefore also a good 10-12 inches...
  8. Walter

As Amirm says , at this price range, it makes little sense to skimp on the power supply to save $30. Maybe if you are buying it for nearfield use and you have efficient speakers, where you know you will never drive it near its limits. But then if you ever decide to repurpose it, you've lost the...
  9. Walter

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Iconic Realistic Phnom Penh, Cambodia
  10. Walter

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

That depends somewhat on where you live.
  11. Walter

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

$110 on AliExpress, and it puts out considerably more power that the PA5 or PA5 II, while being only very slightly (and inaudibly) inferior in other respects.. Either one is an excellent choice, it just depends on your needs and whether you are into DIY or not.
  12. Walter

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

You can't "drill" holes in them with an Exacto knife!
  13. Walter

I left the top of the box open for awhile but the chip never got more than warm, so I closed it up for spill protection. I should have left it that way...
  14. Walter

Admittedly, this amp is not the screaming value it used to be. I suspect that is more due to Hypex than Dylan, but I don't really know. You can buy one from Europe with better looks, fewer features, and possibly slightly lower quality assembly for almost $100 less, even including shipping to the...
  15. Walter

I used the cardboard box it came in as the case for my TPA3116 amp in my office for a couple of years, in plain view. Kept meaning to drill holes a wooden box I'd bought for almost nothing, but never got around to it. I did eventually upgrade the appearance--I replaced the wicker chair I was...
Top Bottom