Recent content by Voo

1. V

McIntosh returning to the car audio system game with new Grand Cherokee L

car audio such a shit show....proper dsp can make a 50 dollar speaker setup sound ok....I am all for a great user interface tho....will pay thousands for...
  2. V

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

entry level avr's getting pricey
  3. V

Please Recommend Actice Speaker for near field listening (desktop)

i use and like audio engine a2 w/12in sub. speakers disappear which is nice.
  4. V

Understanding a Speaker's Recommended Amp Spec.

most speakers have a point at which they start to break up and not sound good. no matter how awesome or powerful the amp is.
  5. V

Good headphone for vocals (max 300$)

grab headphones that are super comfy for long hours 1st and foremost. dont forget about dac's, amps, tubes, eq, dsp can also play a fun part in the game. sennheiser, fostex models are really good
  6. V

Michael Fremer Leaving Stereophile?

I think many here miss the point of a hobby. its about having fun.
  7. V

Subwoofer Advice ~2600 USD

doesnt svs subs have a cool phone app now where u can adjust on the fly via your phone.....thats dope....i would look into that
  8. V

PS Audio FR30 speakers

if they score or get reviewed as better than focal sopra speakers....imo they worth an audition
  9. V

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

measurements are nice, but it really boils down to your ears/brain on what you like/enjoy. some of my favorite speakers measure pretty poorly. magnepan lrs
  10. V

Problem with sub noise

try cycling the power on/off few times and also different electrical outlet...electricity funny sometimes.
  11. V

Problem with sub noise

many times it could be a cable issue...
  12. V

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

thank goodness we have so many choices to audition and test drive. if everything measured and sounded the same I might just not like this hobby anymore.
  13. V

Most affordable reference quality 2-channel system that would last awhile?

magnepan lrs are really a treat for music for under 1k
  14. V

I cannot trust the Harman speaker preference score

its nice to own well measured/rated/respected gear but sometimes it just doesnt work/sound as good to one as another. enjoy the journey and try/buy as much as possible before you give your money away.
  15. V

Need recommendations for 2 channel integrated Stereo

i have a rotel 1592 1st gen and it has a warmer/thicker/richer sound than say a marantz avr. sounds great imo. very musical imo.
Top Bottom