Recent content by vonbladet

1. V

Talk me down from a ledge (or don't)

It is a hard requirement that the TV be accommodated, but I remain stubbornly, dogmatically (and if necessary absurdly) unwilling to let it take centre stage.
  2. V

First review I stumbled on was from arch-subjectivists at WhatHiFi (whomst I hope it isn't a banning offence to cite): For what it's worth I am now taking the Denons seriously as a sensible alternative, but I still don't plan to make a sensible choice this time round. (Also I am worried that...
  3. V

The sound. Right now, the amp is (quantifiably!) the weakest link, but if I fix that the speakers might be. I occasionally do Fourier analysis for a living, and if you aren't doing it on a periodic function of finite extent (or integrating to infinity in time, which is even less likely) you may...
  4. V

(I'm arguably no longer actually shopping but I still warmly invite mockery and derision -- or even advice! -- of any form)
  5. V

I was thinking of the S250NC, but events have taken place since. Specifically, I tried cranking the Lepai to halfway and using the Boss2 and Topping remotes for volume and I was already having to crank the Boss2 down to a point where the discrete volume steps were too big for comfort and I...
  6. V

I'm really not! The TV is a grudgingly tolerated guest in my hifi system, and the last thing I want is to encourage its megalomanias. (This is not a sensible view, and I apologize to the Denon advocates for holding it, but it is mine and it is binding)
  7. V

For a few years I have had a bunch of stereo systems based around a Lepai (or Lepy) amplifiers and thrift-shop speakers, except for the living room where I upgraded to Tannoy Mercury M3 floor-standers (which were apparently good entry level speakers in the mid 1990s; I hear rumours that things...
Top Bottom