Recent content by VMAT4

1. VMAT4

Fiio K19 looks like a versatile beast

I'll have to wait until October to make decision on this one.
  2. VMAT4

$/dB SINAD @ 5 watts, is this a meaningful metric to anyone? Should it be noted in reviews? Or should those interested calculate it themselves?

Just as the title states. Let's discuss this. I think it's a good metric for value, assuming good reliability. Of course we know the adage about bad assumptions.
  3. VMAT4

Need help identifying old interconnects

Got to wonder if you're trolling, Briank.
  4. VMAT4

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

And, what's wrong with that?
  5. VMAT4

"Coolest" Song You've Heard

This one is kinda neat:
  6. VMAT4

What is causing my HF roll off?

You are leaving the grills on, aren't you? The Lintons are made to have grills on when listening.
  7. VMAT4

New ASR logo proposal

Odd that the Underwood Deviled Ham logo is still here but the Pillsbury Man in the Moon with Stars was determined by an "odd crowd" to be satanic!
  8. VMAT4

Audiophiles, generally don't like class D amps!

Have you read Class D Amplifiers 101?
  9. VMAT4

Idea's for all in oneCD, Pre, DAC combo.

Excuse me, those can only be connected to a computer.
  10. VMAT4

Idea's for all in oneCD, Pre, DAC combo.

@staticV3 aren't there HiFime products available that convert Toslink to USB? Such as the Hifime UR23 or S2?
  11. VMAT4

WiiM Amp discussion

My order for a WiiM Amp in silver was just processed at Crutchfield. It waiting for UPS pickup. Can't hardly wait!
  12. VMAT4

Streamer / DAC combo with PEQ and Loudness

I'm no RPi master. But an RPi 4 will work w/o a HAT for a DAC. The on board DAC is serviceable.
  13. VMAT4

Potatoes

Were home fries or hash browns mentioned yet at all? Hash browns can be air fried while home fries are not deep fried at all. Just simple ways of making potatoes for breakfast.
  14. VMAT4

New Set-Up for Small Room - Does This Make Sense?

Those links were intended to lead to Genelec 8010 AP powered monitors and the RME ADI-2 DAC. but at this point I would suggest that you wait for the Kali Audio LP-UNF to be reviewed on Erin's Audio Corner YouTube channel. But, your office is about as big as a walk-in closet. You need nearfield...
  15. VMAT4

Help To Choose Speakers

You need to choose speakers to suit the listening room primarily. That amp will be fine with just about any speaker as long as you don't play very very loud.
Top Bottom