Recent content by Vladimir Filevski

1. V

BMR dispersion

Horizontal and vertical dispersion are the same for a single BMR driver. No BMR driver has 180 degrees dispersion, but it is very wide. If it is 1.5 way design, you can put it horizontally without any comb-filter effect (cancelation on specific frequencies).
  2. V

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Yes, it is - I am using it :), back from the days when CLIO was in the version 4. But we haven't seen any measurement from Tekton so far, so I think Eric Alexander never used Audiomatica CLIO, or know how to use it - some other guy designed Tekton crossovers.
  3. V

That is mostly from the nearfield measurement technique, in the real world it should be much flatter, but the peak at 100 Hz will stay, although not so big.
  4. V

Well, no. Ascend CMT-340 SE2 is a center speaker with no bass output whatsoever - in contrast to Tekton M-Lore. And it has equally bad frequency response. It is difficult to find a good "full-range" (2 or 3-way loudspeaker with enough bass) with higher than 88 dB sensitivity and price around...
  5. V

I stand corrected. Efficiency is 88 dB - I edited my previous comment accordingly.
  6. V

About the Tekton M-Lore: 1. At 92 dB 88 dB it is genuinely high slightly above average efficiency speaker - which is not too common, especially at that price ($750 a pair). From all speakers tested here in that price range, only Focal Chora 816 is comparable better at 91 dB, but with higher...
  7. V

noob here, does anyone do measurements of pro audio speakers?

Don't worry about the non-existing cone resonance of 12" drivers - it is a common size for a high-quality 2-way PA loudspeakers. Additional advantage over TS408 is that you don't need a subwoofer with TS412, just adequate EQ in the low region. For a small venue and not-so-loud karaoke maybe even...
  8. V

noob here, does anyone do measurements of pro audio speakers?

Yes. It is a cheap loudspeaker, which sound quality can not be improved with EQ. Do not expect much form it, it has only 8" midbass unit. In the PA world 8" midbass is just a toy, especially if used without subwoofer. Good only for background music or karaoke in a small cafe or pub. If you want...
  9. V

What sort of system do Football stadiums use? (Surprisingly good)

Like this? https://www.rcf.it/en/products/product-detail/nx-945-a Conventional, but high quality sound reinforcement active loudspeaker with 15" midbass and 4" voice coil compression driver with horn. Bi-amplified, total amp wattage 2000 W, internal DSP.
  10. V

Not all sound reinforcement loudspeakers are line-arrays, especially those in small stadiums - as in OP case.
  11. V

Impossible to say without photo of the loudspeakers. Should be standard professional reinforcement ("PA") loudspeakers.
  12. V

UMIK-1 or any USB MIC unsuitable for timing measurements?

You don't have it either. Your conspiracy theory has the same defect as any other conspiracy theory - complicated and time-consuming cover-up... instead of simple measurement of individual calibration files (tied to the mic serial number, of course).
Top Bottom