Recent content by VintageFlanker

1. VintageFlanker

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Found this subjective review of the D10S yesterday... Of course, the D10S can only sound good "for the price", since it only costs 99$. The 2 DAC’s from Topping utilized 2 different, but very capable DAC chips, namely the AK4493 for the E30, and the ES9038Q2M for the D10s... With this main...
  2. VintageFlanker

Class D principle, audible "higher frequency noise"

Had the exact same issue with my previous STA-9s bridged. NOT with all my amps since (Class AB, Ncore, IcePower). Class D has nothing to do with that.
  3. VintageFlanker

If costs wouldn`t matter , what would you buy ?

For the living room: Yep, I want nothing else than my ADI-2 for driving all this! Not a tremendous amount of money, but I don't think I would ever need more than that. Or... For an all-in-one system: For second, simpler system (let say some big bedroom):
  4. VintageFlanker

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

- AKG K361, 81€ (119€), with free shipping (over all EU?). https://m.thomann.de/intl/akg_k_361.htm?i11l=en_GB%3AFR.EUR Review and measurments by @solderdude and by Oluv:
  5. VintageFlanker

NC500 VS NC400

This has never been accurate... This "review"... Of course, nothing relevant from an objective POV... and no question about the fact the all audible performance should be (or is) limited whatsoever by his Parasound preamp.:facepalm: This is nothing but some full of bias propaganda about Class...
  6. VintageFlanker

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

- Focal Electra 1008 BE2, 1898€/pair (3999€), for all finishes. Free shipping to France. May be shipped over EU from 49€... or overseas for "more".;) Measurements by Soundstage and their subjective review.
  7. VintageFlanker

[FS] [EU] RME ADI2 DAC (1st version)

Hi @CharlesM, If I may, it's a "touch" too expensive for a second hand, V1. I would suggest 699€ shipping included for EU.;), then add price in the thread title.
  8. VintageFlanker

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

These are Neutrik hybrid connectors: either XLR or Jack in the center. You may use RCAs to mono Jack 6.3mm cables or adapter... Or regular XLR:
  9. VintageFlanker

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Yep, I may sound rude but, come on: you know perfectly what you're doing. Come here to make such claims about audiophile PSUs, without any technical argument... You expected this, but you did it all the same.:rolleyes: And this, Speaking of ASR community, is completely unacceptable: Whatever...
  10. VintageFlanker

You should really watch your words over there. You just cannot use the word proof on a science-based forum, without... nothing to back it up, actually. Nothing but "because I say so", "the reality is different", and "you are wrong".:rolleyes:
  11. VintageFlanker

I don't need, nor care about your agreement. Please explain to Rob Watts your vision of "different reality", I'm sure Chord Electronics would hire you or something.:facepalm: Most probably: a "touch" more than you are (to be polite). And Rob Watts certainly is.:rolleyes:
  12. VintageFlanker

I don't understand why everybody is still obsessed by changing the Qutest PSU?!:facepalm: What are you trying to improve, exactly? The Qutest is already textbook transparent. Rob Watts said countless times on HeadFi to do NOT "upgrade" the Qutest PSU. According to the designer himself: it will...
  13. VintageFlanker

Someone knows something about this Dac Lusya?

Doesn't look very good to me. But who knows, maybe it is... - I really doubt this DAC is FPGA... - The overall industrial design and build quality seems terrible. - If you really want BT, volume control and headphone amp, go for the Topping DX3 Pro!;) I you don't need any of that, E30. If you...
  14. VintageFlanker

Project Pre Box S2 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

Except the CA BT100 is Aptx-only compatible. The DX3 Pro supports Aptx-HD and LDAC. Plus, it will bypass your CXA-60 DAC we don't know much about. BT 5.0 doesn't matter for sound quality (yet). It would however bring maybe more signal stability. Both DACs are good. The DX3Pro clearly has a...
Top Bottom