Recent content by Vintagefan

1. V

Why does it sound different?

Do I have to explain why abondant constant current, not peak current, is essential? Linear PSU‘s with large capacitance sound better! Take a look at the basics on Pass’ diyaudio website into the very first basic schematics and distortion figures. Also, it’s input/output impedance, not always...
  2. V

Used to commercial, not pro standards! ok, crest 8001 is old-fashioned welding machine. bose made wonderfull amps with extemely high current to drive extremely poor sounding loudspeakers. On good speakers they are superb.
  3. V

600 ohm is a whimp, 50 ohm at 6v please. Otherwise pro xlr is NOT. one of the reasons 5532 is still in existance.
  4. V

Simple answer: if we (amir) would measure output at a low impedance ( >100 ohm or even 50) we would have no problems, but this is not the fact! So driving low input impednce input, certainly at high voltages will put the output stages under stress… lac of power (current) makes the difference...
  5. V

Arylic BP50 Preamp with HDMI ARC Review

Got this for 2 months now and happy with it. I use is with a bp30 pro fossi amp and it easely beats my accuphase e405. Did I was lucky to have a good working unit? Ok, some glitches using app and bleutooth, but that does happen with much more expensive gear also. I use it mainly optical in from...
  6. V

Speaker enclosure vibrations - a few measurements with accelerometer

Rowan Atkinson (nephew?), driving a brand new mclaren, having misinterpreted the resonanzes of his ‘cage’ he was driving ( too fast ) took advantage of the low resonance when he hit an accelerometer! By fft transform it showed a perfect peak with high Q and low bandwidth.
  7. V

New bedroom setup, punch-list. MiniDSP optimization order of operations?

Screen against the wall (including centre speaker)and probably bed also against opposite wall: basic problem. centre speaker using other dsp versus surround, next problem…. Delays not only from different speakers but also different processing delays. Certainly not the ideal parameters for...
  8. V

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Roodeberg red, s. Africa, everyday wine, best price/quality/consistency over the years ever found up to date. Marques de riscal rioja on second place
  9. V

Do you have a favourite song?

Two brothers and a stranger M Knopfler
  10. V

"Secrets" about the consumer audio business you may find interesting

Also like the olives for flavour, but do not eat them, put them in the bin!
  11. V

Simulation Overview - Loudspeakers Design via Shape and Topology Optimization

Regarding those baskets, looking at the past and in your car gives us a possible solution: oval baskets! Instead of having a circel with 1 symmetrical and high Q, you have 2 and 4 symmetricals smearing the modes and resulting much lower Q. Regarding suspension and cone behauviour the same. Oh...
  12. V

Ecler eplayer1 anybody?

Does someone on this forum own such a device? I can’t find any info about the dac inside, nor any reviews about this streaming player. Eclerhttps://www.ecler.com/audio/sound-sources/music-sources/eplayer1-detail.html makes quality audio-equipment but this seemed their first try 2016 into...
Top Bottom