Recent content by Vincentponcet

1. V

Hypex Nilai stereo/mono kits cases

Woo, the PSU has nearly the same price as the amp module. 299e vs 429e
  2. V

HTPC: capable, silent, reliable

Last time I checked, supporting Dolby vision and Dolby Atmos on reading media files a PC is not possible afaik. An Nvidia Shield is cheap and works (except not the full FEL support on UHD-BD rips, some other android boxes do better here)
  3. V

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

?o bitstream support, that's limiting its usage. What are the devices having HDMI input / HDMI output doing bitstream to PCM decoding ?
  4. V

SINAD of Denon X4700 not in pure direct mode

If you just want stereo from your PC in the AVR then just use spdif out of the htpc into the AVR. If you are using the room correction of the AVR, then you are doing ADC / room correction / DAC. So output from the PC to a DAC to feed the AVR is useless, because that would be USB / DAC / ADC /...
  5. V

Why buying an AVR if it is to use it just as an amp ? Higher end dac feeding an average amp will not bring benefits. Your project would only make sense if it is to use a high end amp, like purifi, abh2, hyper or that kind of league. and using an htpc means you would not be able to do Atmos...
  6. V

AVC-X4700H do i need external amp to do 7.1.4 (or 7.2.4)?

I would add a 2 channels front amp or even a three channels, because they consume more power than the others. Those connected on the preamp out. In the AVR menu, you set which channels are used as amp or preamp. Having 11 amp output when having only 9 amps is made to be able to switch between...
  7. V

The output level doesn't change when switching from room correction on and off, so the overhead for room correction is always there, so about 10db. So sinad should be the same wether room correction is on or off.
  8. V

AVC-X4700H do i need external amp to do 7.1.4 (or 7.2.4)?

It has preamp out for 11.2 but only 9 amps. For 7.2.4, you need 11 amps (7+4)
  9. V

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Make your calculations. I doubt you really need more than 100db SPL on surrounds + the other loudspeakers.
  10. V

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

88db at 400W 2 meters makes 111db SPL. That's loud. https://mehlau.net/audio/spl/ 200W would make 108dbSPL, still loud
  11. V

If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do?

I said purifi only for LCR, the internal amps without the LCR will have plenty of headroom.
  12. V

If you recommend 3,500 dollars avp, what would you do?

3700h + external amp like 3ch purifi. More than 3700h are useful only if you need more than 7.2.4
  13. V

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Yeah but then, why adding a 104db SINAD amp to replace a 87db SINAD integrated amp, if it is to use it when the integrated DAC is at 75db SINAD ? A full preamp mode is expensive when going even to 5.1.4. It sounded more cost effective to get an external amp, like the audiophonics 3 channels at...
  14. V

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

It dramatically fall above 1.4V, so with the audiophonics purifi which has a gain of 25db, max 77 W are effectively available. So, the limited gain of the audiophonics and the limited output of the Denon preamp will give either low power or bad performance. Very sad. Apollon provides gain...
Top Bottom