Recent content by Videotape

1. V

Amazon Music HD, Firestick, Denon 4500 - no 24 bit input

Just to be clear. I was talking about update of the Amazon Music HD app that runs natively on the firestick. There was no update for denon involved. I would recommend trying firmware update of your firestick to latest version and then try to get the latest version of the Amazon Music app.
  2. V

Amazon Music HD, Firestick, Denon 4500 - no 24 bit input

I have a firestick 4K plugged into a denon 3600h. AMHD currently reports the device capability as 24/192. I believe they may have done an app update to support the higher bitrate as I was also getting 16/192 originally when I got the denon.
  3. V

Experience setting up LS50 Meta with SB2000 and Denon x3600h as preamp

Thanks for your suggestions! I changed the crossover to 80hz and moved the sub to a corner placement which immediately increased the bass response but it sounded muddy on some tracks. I then played around with phase and with inward (into the wall) vs outward facing woofer. Started an RTA...
  4. V

Thanks for sharing! I will play with subwoofer placement and phase. Right now it’s basically in the same plane as the LS50s sitting between them both and about 1ft from the left speaker. Will also try the higher 80hz crossover.
  5. V

Listening distance is about 74 inch. So yes, slightly less than 2m They are set 80 inches apart from each other.
  6. V

I have set the LS50s as small. My understanding is that the denon will not send frequencies below the crossover (60hz in my case) to them.
  7. V

I did not measure the denon after it quickly became apparent SQ was not close to the luxman. Happy to do it down the road when I have some free time.
  8. V

I am running them as small. Audyssey selected a crossover of 60hz which I do plan to experiment with in the future. By themselves, the LS50s have surprising amount of bass when placed 2ft out from the back wall. However, the sweet zone for optimum fidelity seems to be smaller then the 104/2s...
  9. V

This forum has been a wealth of great information. I have learned and geeked out a ton! I thought I should share my own experience and observations setting up the Kef LS50 Meta with a SB2000pro and the Denon x3600h preouts to a Luxman R117 for amplification. The TLDR of it is that this...
Top Bottom