Recent content by Vict0r

1. Vict0r

Compact speaker for ~100 €

Oh, I thought you wrote that you have the Motion 300, which is a different and much smaller model according to the Soundcore website.
  2. Vict0r

Compact speaker for ~100 €

I am using the Soundcore Motion+ for similar applications. I wasn't expecting much when I ordered it, but it honestly surprised me for what it is. I know a portable bluetooth speaker was always going to be a massive compromise, and the other sub-$100 bluetooth speakers I heard (JBL, Ikea...
  3. Vict0r

Meze Liric Review (Closed Back Headphone)

What are you plugging them in to? According to the measurements, they could use a bit of amplification. Also, your use of the word "thin" makes me immediately think the pads might not be sealing all around your ear. Does the sound change when you gently press the headphone down when listening?
  4. Vict0r

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Hahaha, fair enough. I was being a bit dramatic, I suppose. Still... Would love to hear what these sound like in the real world.
  5. Vict0r

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Who the hell voted "poor"?? Graphs look well optimized. Really curious to hear how they perform IRL. Too bad they're impossible to audition here in Europe, so the chance of me ever hearing a pair is zero.
  6. Vict0r

IK Multimedia iLoud MTM Review (active monitor)

Dutch here, so no 110v, but ZERO coil whine on my MTM's. Just read back in this thread; it's not as common as some people make it seem.
  7. Vict0r

Monoprice M1570C Headphone Review

These Monoprice headphones are all over the local craigslist thingy. I was always curious about them, but now I understand why people flip them so much. Too bad, though. Looks like all the ingrediënts to make a good soup are there at least. They just botched up the recipe.
  8. Vict0r

Sonance DSP 2-150 Amplifier Review

I really think Topping should get into the DSP DAC/AMP business. MiniDSP needs a competitor!
  9. Vict0r

Upgrade or not recommendation of my Audio system

A new DAC/AMP won't do much. They're not supposed to be hardware EQs, so (if they're relatively transparent and efficient) you're already set. Your source files are fine too. Improvements can be made by "upgrading" your headphones and applying EQ to them. Then again, sometimes "good" is good...
  10. Vict0r

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

I'm amazed people still buy these things in 2023. One google prompt will teach you to just put your money elsewhere. I must be overestimating my fellow man.
  11. Vict0r

Knives. Knifethread.

Snappy little Nine Thorn (Böker Kwaiken Air design) pen/gentleman's knife today. VG10 steel and damascus G10 scales.
  12. Vict0r

Knives. Knifethread.

The little screws in the lock bar hold a piece of stainless steel in place, against the titanium liner. This piece contacts the blade. They do this because a titanium frame will wear down after repeated friction against a steel blade. They call this a "lock insert", I believe. It's a good thing...
  13. Vict0r

Tone deaf or musically gifted?

I thought this was going to be easy for me, but I failed the final question. I am now sad. Thanks, random Youtube video.
  14. Vict0r

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

A sad poem: I love IEMs been buying them for more than 15 years I wish I hadn't I wish I started in glorious 2022/2023 because I spent so much money on crap in the IEM dark ages I hate head-fi I love saving money because I'm Dutch The end
Top Bottom