Recent content by velasfloyd

1. V

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

some of their products are well engineered, but overpriced. Thats not scam. Some of their products are direct snake oil, like that scaler thing. Thats scam. not scam is zero, scam is 1. 1 + 0 = 1. So the company is scam. But in this world almost everything in business is scam nowadays.
  2. V

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

you do a A/B comparison but you know what you are listen to? if it is not blind, it is not valid. Also volume must be the same. Go check Amir's video. Chord is scam. basically
  3. V

Portable solution for iOS w/ PEQ and ability to drive DCA aeon noire and/or LCD-XC

I do not have nor have I used the es100, but I 100% recommend the qudelix. It has Geq and Peq, and the app is excellent, millions of light years away from any portable competition (like Fiio for example), you have a lot of other parameters to configure. You can tell that the team is very good...
  4. V

Portable solution for iOS w/ PEQ and ability to drive DCA aeon noire and/or LCD-XC

I only use portable, my solution is: iPhone -> lightning to usb-c cable -> qudelix 5k -> 3.5mm audio cable -> 3.5 mm audio in from xduoo xd05 -> focal Elegia can be translated like this: whatever phone -> cable to qudelix (or bluetooth) -> audio cable -> audio in from whatever headphone amp...
  5. V

Any recommendations for a DAP?

All DAPS, no matter the price or size, have terrible software!! All of their marketing is based on their hardware, appealing directly to the hearts of audiophiles who believe that a super capacitor can give you a special sound. I assure you that if what you want is Apple Music, 100% of the DAPS...
  6. V

Best sounding closed-back headphone $500-$1,000 for a non-audiophile?

I use elegia. Its a great headphone. You will love it, unless you want to use it on the street, as I think it is too big for that. Dont buy any other pad. People like to buy things as people like to waste money. Just buy a Qudelix 5k. Its a $100 portable dac/amp with amazing software. It...
  7. V

iphone to mono speaker?

life is too short. Just buy the soundcore (anker) motion+ and be happy It is just perfect to enjoy your music. if you after some time think is not enough, you can spend 62445753454 hours reading here or elsewhere, plus youtube, to learn which "pro" speakers are the best for you. nit: You will...
  8. V

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-10 Review (Headphone Amp)

I am still wondering if this can be powered by an external portable battery with PD. That way would be a desktop class amp in a portable factor.
  9. V

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

based on both reviews, seems like this one is better than the newer, more expense, Celestee..... may be Stelia killer as well?
  10. V

High impedance headphone jack on new M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro

I am not assuming. This is what I conclude after read this line of yours: I know what you meant to say here, I just wanted to point out, not as a troll but as a way to tell to the readers why those lines are inaccurate. If it makes you feel better, a high percentage of material out there on...
  11. V

High impedance headphone jack on new M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro

I think you have a confusion regarding lossless. Lossless just means that the post-compression file keeps the same information as the original file .... Lossless has nothing to do with the sample rate or the quality of the resulting file per se..... so you can have a very poor file that, if it...
  12. V

Objectivists vs. Subjectivists - Who's right?

What I have observed is that subjectivists do tend to take headphone measurements into account. In fact, many self-professed subjectivists take these measurements themselves. Therefore, I wonder how no one has come up with the following test: Measure the frequency response of a headphone with a...
  13. V

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

thats a dongle... different kind of product
  14. V

ifi hip dac review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

so, whats the actual King of portable dac/amp (no dongle)?? it is Topping NX4 still the best value?
Top Bottom