Recent content by VeerK

1. VeerK

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Has anyone else experienced channel imbalance with the Flex? I have the flex digital and the right channel sometimes has its volume very low, despite no changes to my system. I have read some posts saying the power supply is inadequate, can anyone share a reasonable replacement?
  2. VeerK

It still grinds my gears that the Flex Digital doesn’t cut signal out via SPDIF when it no longer detects an input. I had to get tasmota smart plugs and program them to turn off the Flex when my TV goes into Standby, otherwise the ease and flexibility of the DSP is excellent
  3. VeerK

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I’m looking forward to this, I’ve built a new pair of desktop monitors and amps with the power, size, and distortion of PA5 with enhanced reliability would be perfect.
  4. VeerK

Owners of Meniscus Audio are retiring :(

End of an era, have been a customer of Meniscus over the years and found them always pleasant to work with.
  5. VeerK

Neumann KH120 II

The only thing that comes to mind is vertical dispersion and issues with sound power, but that is going to be an issue with every kind of speaker and room treatment. In a room with the correct treatment, I’d use a Genelec or a Neumann in a heartbeat
  6. VeerK

I have my Flex Digital connected to a Topping D90 via TOSLINK and I realized that the Flex going into standby does not stop a signal from being sent to the D90. The issue is that I now have the D90 display on at all times, a no-no for OLED burn in. Is anyone using any novel solutions to get the...
  7. VeerK

Desktop Speaker Recommendation

I just went through this same decision last month and I chose the Kali LP6V2. Stellar performance out of the box, can EQ the deficiencies, very solid all around performer and more space conserving than Passive + Amplifiers
  8. VeerK

Orei HDA-939 HDMI Audio Extractor Review

I'm using the baby Orei HDMI eARC/ARC to Optical Converter, so while Amir didn't measure it, I'm glad that the big brother has flawless digital to digital extraction. I'm running a chain at my desk where I have my PC, PS5, and MacBook Pro connected via HDMI 2.1 to my LC 48" C1 OLED, and then the...
  9. VeerK

Kali LP-6 2nd Wave Experience

There is definitely hiss when I put my ear right up to the LP6 v2 but functionally when I'm at normal distance on my desk I can't hear it. I'm currently going PC + PS5 + MacBook to LG 48 C1 OLED to HDMI EARC Extractor to TOSLINK to MINIDSP to Topping D90 to Topping A90 to Kali LP 6v2, flawless...
  10. VeerK

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

If there are sales that bring this down to 550ish usd, I could see people grabbing two
  11. VeerK

According to Apos Audio: What's the difference: LA90 Discrete NFCA Power Amplifier vs LA90 Power Amplifier The LA90 Discrete NFCA version features the cutting-edge discrete NFCA (Nested Feedback Composite Amplifier) power amplifier circuit. This design uses individual components optimized for...
  12. VeerK

Kali LP-6 2nd Wave Experience

Are they still available at a discount from where you purchased
  13. VeerK

I think they’re discontinued and end of life
  14. VeerK

Seems to be rapidly going out of stock and shenzhensudio removed their listing. Perhaps eol?
  15. VeerK

Amazon Basics 4K HDMI Extractor Review

Thanks for posting this, I was going to buy one so I could have all my video devices connect to my TV via HDMI, then send audio out the HDMI eARC port to an extractor. Someone else posted this eARC extractor, might give it a shot.
Top Bottom