Recent content by vco1

1. V

To what extent is this a ‘hobby’?

Listening to music (and when I still had the time and peace of mind: making music) is my hobby. The gear is just there to make that possible. It's a means, not an end.
  2. V

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

Horrible fit for me as well. Which didn't surprise me given the weird design of the shell. No matter how good the sound may be, if they fall out of your ears or hurt they are useless. Besides, the Salnotes Zoeroes do sound horrible too without proper fit. As is mentioned in the review.
  3. V

TOPPING DX9!

Usually ASR is pretty fast when it comes to reviewing new Topping products. Quite often reviews even appear on the day of release of the product. Not this time. Not with this flagship.
  4. V

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Some of these deals sound too good to be true. There's one seller whose offers are way below the average price (including those on Aliexpress). And quite a few reviewers mentioned they got an open box instead of a brand new item which it was supposed to be. I'd rather pay a tiny bit more than...
  5. V

What streaming service do you use?

None. I only listen to my own library.
  6. V

TOPPING DX9!

And the fact that RME is a reliable and well-respected German manufacturer. One that is known for giving long term support for their products. And has a worldwide support network. I'm saying this as an owner of a Topping DX7Pro. Not an RME device.
  7. V

TOPPING DX9!

I thought this "panoramic sunroof" was only for their pre-production (show) models. But it seems it's a feature. What a strange design decision.
  8. V

And now, for something completely different…

It seems there's still enough money and bad taste in the world to make this a viable business model.
  9. V

New Magico TITAN subwoofer

Seems very reasonable.
  10. V

OLLO S5X Headphone Review

Although I like and appreciate the reviews on ASR, I'm a bit confused about the headphone reviews. Almost no headphones – except for some exceptionally expensive ones – can get the stamp of approval. It almost seems that no sub $3000 headphone is even decent. With the exception of the K371 and...
  11. V

Power cable tech talk and a little help for Amir at Audio Science Review

So this "hi-end" power cable is basically a thick cotton rope with some thin wires around it!? Sounds like a scam to me.
  12. V

Topping PA5 fix - D01 Module Replacement for everyone

Great performance is useless if the device is broken. Or Trust is built in drops and lost in buckets. Your pick.
  13. V

Munich Hi-End

It’s a strange world. More hifi exotica than hi-end. But it seems there’s a market for this.
  14. V

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Austrian Audio HI-X60 €299 (incl. VAT, excl. shipping) New Lobbes Pro Audio - The Netherlands https://www.lobbesproaudio.nl/producten/austrian-audio-hi-x-60-over-ear-closed-back-headphone
Top Bottom