Recent content by VanNeumann

1. VanNeumann

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

It’s surprising you were able to connect the D50 is to the 15v output given that the D50 only comes with a USB electrical cable that works ok with phone chargers (or the USB or put of the P50). Unfortunately you most likely burned out part of the input circuit. If you have some electrical...
  2. VanNeumann

Headphone Amp/Dac Recommendations

In the near future Topping will be releasing the Amp (not sure of the name, T50 maybe) for the D50 DAC, and they mentioned that it will have a low headphone output impedance. Hopefully, they do the same for future versions of the D7x's.
  3. VanNeumann

Motu 8A Measurements

I too would like to see those measurements and how you setup you system with these other pro interfaces. I agree with you that the specs I have seen with Focusrite, Apogee, RME, Antelope, etc look very good and price/performance is among the best. Thanks.
  4. VanNeumann

Motu 8A Measurements

Thank you that helps clarify your step up. Very helpful. Had you considered other audio interfaces in similar price range to the Motu, such as Apogee, Apollo, or Focusrite? I think RME may be a bit more expensive.
  5. VanNeumann

Thoughts or analysis on Topping A30 Amp or Amp portion of DX7s?

Junki, I agree with you on th issu s with higher output impedance amps. What are some of the other low impedance amplifiers that you like?
  6. VanNeumann

Thanks Amir. First, Happy Spring (Nowruz) to you and all the other members who celebrate the arrival of Spring. I look forward to your insights. Cheers.
  7. VanNeumann

Are the output impedances for the A30 and Dx7s 10Ohms? Also, do you experience any distortion on low volume or relatively high volumes?
  8. VanNeumann

I know a few members have had the Topping A30 and Dx7/Dx7s. Any thoughts on the sound and build quality of the amps or amp portion of the Dx7/Dx7s?
  9. VanNeumann

Review and Measurements of Schiit Lyr Tube Headphone Amplifier

Amir, very nice start to your amplifier testing. No doubt tube amps (unless very expensive) will have rather unique distortion profiles. It will be very insightful to see how the Magni 3 compares to other solid state drives, which are easier to compare objectively. Tube amp preferences (whether...
  10. VanNeumann

High Performance mid-priced reference DACs

You can buy an Apogee Element 24 or 46 for under $450-$800. Also, any new insights on your headphone amp tests (i.e. O2 v Magni)?
  11. VanNeumann

High Performance mid-priced reference DACs

Amir, Although it appears you have made your purchases, here are a couple under $2000 to consider for the near future: 1. Apogee Element 24, 44, or 88 series for pro level AD/DA, but no DSD. http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/element. (Apogee gets excellent reviews from pro audio users, but...
  12. VanNeumann

Best DACs of 2018

Does anyone know much about the MiniDSP HA-DSP DAC/AMP. https://www.minidsp.com/products/dsp-headphone-amp/ha-dsp. Here is how they describe it: The HA-DSP is a revolutionary new headphone DAC/amplifier from miniDSP. As well as providing three inputs (USB/Analog/Toslink), the miniDSP HA-DSP...
  13. VanNeumann

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

I know one of the members had suggested getting a group-buy going in a earlier post. Ironically, I had already sent Topping message about this and they replied to me yesterday that they are not equipped to handle group buys at the moment. Of course, it is possible that if we get a large enough...
  14. VanNeumann

Headphone Amplifier Recommendations and Analysis

Cjfrbw, which amp were you referring to? Also, here is Peter Aczel (The Audio Critics) thoughts on the cable hysteria (in his usual funny and acerbic style): "Logically this is not the lie to start with because cables are accessories, not pri- mary audio components. But it is the hugest...
Top Bottom