Recent content by v.koutensky

1. V

Best portable DAC/Amp with MQA?

I would check Shanling UP5, Qudelix 5k and Fiio BTR7. All good devices, with slightly different pros and cons depending your personal tastes. UP5 is fine allrounder, BTR7 seems to be most advanced one, but also most expensive, Qudelix is having most customizable settings of all three.
  2. V

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Thanks Milus, I have already seen it, but I not able to interpret it in a term of relevant comparison with DX3 Pro.
  3. V

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Kindly asking for advice - just got my new Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 ohm. I am looking for replacement of my Topping D50 for something with headphone amlifier. The Topping DX3 Pro seems to be obvious choice, I can buy one for 185 USD. Also I found Sabaj D4, which seems to be a very similar...
  4. V

Foobar or JRiver

+1 to Jriver. I use Android + Volumio renderer as primary, but I listen a lot in work on Jriver. I respect foobar, but I quite like Jriver's music library and overall UI. Not sure when exactly they implemented "Audio Mode", but I like it, as it simply turns off unnecessary parts of the UI.
  5. V

Ask for feedback to my solution / system

Sounds like interesting fun, I will do some testing and see.
  6. V

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Hello from Czech Republic, my polish friend :) I ordered via aliexpress from Aoshida store for 220 USD and they shipped me D50S via DHL in two days. I was shocked by speed and on top of that, customs let my package go without noticing. So in my case, extreme luck, I think.
  7. V

Ah sorry for being unclear. On first fast hearing, I have not recognized difference in sound of D50S with BruteFIR ON and OFF. But it was realy "listening on the fly", I will do some more serious. My initial feelings about D50S are just posted here.
  8. V

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Got D50S yesterday. Some first impressions: - sound difference between D50 and D50S when using USB input is unrecognizable for me - then compared Tidal played by two ways: a) Honor View 10 - bluetooth (aptx-HD) - D50S b) PC (W10, Wasapi, Jriver) - USB - D50S also in this case, the...
  9. V

The D50 was yesterday replaced by D50S and it works well with Brutefir. So far, I dont recognize any significant difference, but it needs some more proper testing/listening/feeling, that I have from initial tests.
  10. V

The Volumio works on the NUC like a charm. I am thinking about some proper SSD disk for it, as current Samsung 256 GB 850 Pro is bit overkill for this aplication. Currently Volumio runs from fast USB flash. So far, the only difficulty comes from Brutefir - I have succesfully installed the...
  11. V

Krunok - thank you very much for your advice. Although I know Volumio, I had it "brainfixed" as solution for Linux/RPI. But usage with NUC makes real sense. I will definitelly give a try. On Synology, I am in love with MinimServer, although its not easiest stuff to setup, I like its...
  12. V

Thank you for all your inputs guys. BillG + BDWoody: Removing of USBridge is direction of my thinking. It was there before the NUC, original idea was to have a better source for Topping D50 than just RPi3. (as its Ethernet implementation is insane) But when I added the Jriver i5 NUC, Usbrige...
  13. V

OK, you are not really an audiophile if you haven't done this:........... (fun thread)

OK, you are not really an audiophile if you haven't plugged a rear basreflex of your speakers by pair of the socks to prevent wall echoes.
  14. V

Hi guys, first of all - hello from Czech Republic and thank you very much for your inputs. This web is a fascinating source of information for me. (and sorry for my English, even I am trying to do my best, it’s not my native). My topic is following - I am a huge fan of digital music, and...
Top Bottom