Recent content by Uy Lam

1. U

High Pass Filter Setup Question (RCA and XLR combo

I believe I can tell the difference, but it could just be my ears playing tricks on me. I guess I can play around with it and try both scenarios of: A) DAC -> RCA -> Sub -> RCA to XLR -> Amp -> Speakers B) DAC -> RCA -> Sub -> XLR to Amp -> Speakers I was just wondering if anyone...
  2. U

Not a problem per se, but I have read that offloading the low frequencies to the sub via the high pass filter does make a big difference. I feel like it does make a big difference based on the limited experience I have. If I go the route of two separate outputs, then I wouldn't be taking...
  3. U

I have a quick opinion question on how people would set-up their system and utilize the high pass filter in their sub for good system integration. My Setup: Passive Speakers: (Currently Kef Q150s, but I am considering upgrading to the ELAC DBR-62s in the future) Subwoofer: SB-2000 DAC: SMSL...
  4. U

JBL LSR305P MKii and Control 1 Pro Monitors Review

So much data... really impressive, and much appreciated. Long time lurker, and made an account just to comment. I'd be curious about the entry level KEFs, as I hear so many good things. I have the KEF Q150s, and my roommate has the ELAC 2.0 B6.2s. As for these JBL's, definitely a killer for...
Top Bottom