Recent content by uwotm8

1. uwotm8

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

You ignored what I said above about using 5" + 10" sub before but that's okay I don't interested neither in KH 150 or Revels, looking further I'd like to get either LYD 48 or A8H for my "mostly desktop" setup. Sort of proper 3-way with 8" LF driver and familiar signature. (Sure, sure, KH 150...
  2. uwotm8

I tried actually and was hugely disappointed. I think 1...1.5m triangle is their sweet zone and they really shine when used properly. At longer distance that illusion of big sound disappears. KH 150’s amplifiers deliver up to 145 W to the 6.5” woofer and 100 W to the 1” tweeter That's...
  3. uwotm8

No. I'm using Adam T5Vs on my table now and had a set of Dynaudio 5s + sub (also Dyn) before. In short, both are great in creating illusion of big sound in the very nearfield, spacious and immersive cloud of sound. BUT once you step away and try to listen from, say, 2 meters - both magically...
  4. uwotm8

LOL. Graph listener detected. Just compare both IRL in same medium to large room at ~3m (10x human feet as savages measure:p) distance. Spoiler: no matter how you good are your (or mine) 2-way compact nearfield monitors, they will never play as large speakers.
  5. uwotm8

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Thanks for the review, Amir. I just have to ask that: did the sound become exciting? Overall kinda reminds me what you wrote about 5.7 "graph score" Dynaudio LYD 5 - "kinda flat but not sexy". Something similar appeared in KEF LS50 and R3 reviews too. The fun thing is that Sierra achieves that...
  6. uwotm8

JBL Conceal C83 Invisible Speaker Review

Ohh, again that game of hiding the speaker of all cost shows very poor result. My guess it sounds to ears like "through a thick cardboard". But maybe the idea is OMG WHAT A MIRACLE SOUND WITH NO SPEAKER SUCH MAGIC MUCH WOW:facepalm: Painted-to-color and almost invisible grilles? No no no, let's...
  7. uwotm8

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

Sub Out: 20Hz~150Hz/600Hz(-3dB) (adjustable output cutoff frequency) I'm a bit confused honestly
  8. uwotm8

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

You mean it's more than a streaming service client+app+PEQ on a top of a... yes, Fosiyima-grade amp?
  9. uwotm8

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

OK my two cents: - like the overall concept - don't like that it's actually dressed-up Fosiyima - performance wise it's just a typical $80-100 amp so I'd rather get something Infineon-based like Loxjie A30 for ~$150 (and a streaming device if needed) - pls make HYPE TRAIN a bit slower
  10. uwotm8

Loudspeaker cable test

Actually THIS is what I expect to see as a proper cable test and its result. Unfortunately distortion graphs were not shown. Despite all ignorant "it can't affect sound because it can't" damn cable somehow does it. Maybe because of non-dummy load?:p If it matters or not is another question BUT...
  11. uwotm8

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Jokes off, that left me frustrated. Maybe because of 15+ years interior design experience, not sure:rolleyes: 0) The whole look is far from "higher end" to my taste but that's rather personal IMO whole speaker system should have been carried out at the stage of the architectural/design project...
  12. uwotm8

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

This is one of Samsung audio brands, right? Along with AKG and JBL. "As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, HARMAN has retained its leadership team" Well, I'd not expect much from Samsung audio development but they make nice smartphones:)
  13. uwotm8

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

That's an esay one - MBL 101 X-treme (but I'd be totally okay with 116F). Ging back to earth, well, then maybe a pair of MartinLogan statics, current version of, say, Vista. No traditional "box of woofers" for sure, no matter how good it is except maybe D&Ds as a second system, proper active...
  14. uwotm8

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Totally wrong. Active with bi-amping with amps in main piece. And with USB-DAC (poor one 24/48 but still) and proper volume control. Yes but require way more space. And a source w/volume control cuz there's no digital inputs. I'm not a Kali fanboy by any means but MM-6 seem a truly great...
  15. uwotm8

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

I'd change it to WHY they affect the sound quality;) My own questions would be far from that "warm bath" for graph listeners, so here be it: - Why bigger speakers always sound "bigger"/fuller/better than smaller ones despite similar graphs - Why somewhat like iLoud Micro, while being...
Top Bottom