Recent content by UWinWithWin

1. U

Headphone journey

I have had no experience with any of those headphones directly. I would say the most comfortable headphones I’ve used are Massdrop Mr.Speakers Ether CX. The Mr. Speakers ether flow are also comfortable to my ears.
  2. U

Headphone journey

That’s unfortunate. That picture was incredibly helpful and has given me much more enjoyment from my hd 6xx.
  3. U

Headphone journey

Yes I was making joke.
  4. U

Headphone journey

Instead of EQ, you could always just buy a billion different kinds of headphones. And Just change the headphone to get a different EQ. Lol it’s not cheap but it’s an option.
  5. U

Best battery powered DAC/AMP

The iPad and iPhone can’t do very much power output. 5mA is the limit. The El DAC requires a powered usb strip. So having battery powered eliminates apples funky rules as a general rule. But the spectra-X does fine. Other usb/lightning powered stuff would be fine.
  6. U

Best battery powered DAC/AMP

I currently have the topping NX4 sDSD and the spectra X that I use from my iPad when I’m on the go. Besides the chord mojo, what are other popular well performing battery powered DAC/AMP that you guys have had good luck with. At home I use the El Amp and El DAC, but it’s complicated because...
  7. U

Headphone journey

I guess I have no idea how to EQ a headphones. It sounds complicated haha
  8. U

Apple Lightning Headphone Adapter Reviews

It is the worst rated product in the history of Apple I believe. Although, I think they are trying to push forward on the wireless market.
  9. U

Headphone journey

But did you know if you had a cable made from unicorn hair, it would make any headphone perfect! I enjoy headphones as a general rule because I like variety. And compared to changing out my speakers all the time it’s way cheaper and easier on my back. Haha. Variety is the spice of life as...
  10. U

Headphone journey

My personal biggest complaint about the LCD line is the comfort. I have found that mrspeaker are much more comfortable on my head. Why, I dunno. Probably because I have the most perfect shaped head and any brand of headphone that doesn’t fit it is terrible (please note the sarcasm). Focal are...
  11. U

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

To get the benefits of a balanced amp, do you need a balanced dac?
  12. U

Headphone journey

I got some headphone wall mounts that are t-Rex skulls. I can figure out how to upload the picture because it’s too large, but I wanted to share it.
  13. U

Headphone journey

I have noticed that the massdrop products seem to be a very good value. The massdrop focal headphones seem to be very similar to the clear. For half the price. And the hd-6XX is a superb value for what the he-650 went for. I think there is a big range of quality products. Some are expensive...
  14. U

Hearing loss: a hobby fades away

I’m really happy people are talking about it. We talk about all sorts of stuff about equipment etc. I think it’s just another interesting aspect of our hobby. Also, it really goes to show that life is different for everyone. A funny story that I realized last night , I was getting pissed at...
  15. U

Hearing loss: a hobby fades away

Sounds thought! Good luck with all that! Somewhere I’ve read that that dentist have ststistically significant more hearing loss than age appropriate. Is it true, who knows. But I still would like to save my hearing. And mostly I’m curious what would be the best electronic hearing protection...
Top Bottom