Recent content by Urvile

1. Urvile

How long does it take to boil a kettle in USA?

I don't know if it was a 1L, thinking about it, it's more like 1/2 a liter, I was thinking about what it takes to make a cup of tea. Not a full kettle. <edited> Had to look up the formula -- 3200 Watts 1 Liter of water with 90% efficiency -- 1 Min 56 seconds. 3200 Watts 1/2 Liter of water with...
  2. Urvile

How long does it take to boil a kettle in USA?

About a minute -- I've got a induction stove with boost power option
  3. Urvile

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

I've got two of their watches, and I can't say enough nice things about them, I worry a little about the movement in one, but the one pictured uses a https://calibercorner.com/miyota-caliber-9039/, it's a very nice high beat (4 Hz or 28,800 BPH) movement. The one thing I keep forgetting to...
  4. Urvile

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

A homage to watches made in the 30s and 40s.
  5. Urvile

Does Your System "Wow" or "Amaze" You? Looking to upgrade? Tell Us About It....

My system though not perfect, is much, much better than I'd ever hoped. It wows and amazes me often. Over the years, I've had friends/acquaintances who had spent much more than I, and in my opinion had systems that did not come close to matching what I have now. I chalk this up to industry and...
  6. Urvile

Why does my music start sounding crappier once I go past 70db on my AVR ?

My guess is yes, but that's a guess, I was in the same position I went another direction, I replaced my Onkyo with the Denon and used it as preamp, and used buckeye as the amps. It's not a perfect solution, The Denon has meager output for a preamp, I'll never get close to max output on the...
  7. Urvile

Why does my music start sounding crappier once I go past 70db on my AVR ?

I completely agree with this to a point, I had a TX-NR6100, it could not handle my R700s, One of the things Amir mentioned in one of his recent videos is that most all speakers are 4 Omhs, the R700 on Polks site says Minimum Impedance 3.6 ohms, and the L400 are 3.4 ohms → 4 ohms. Same...
  8. Urvile

I need some help with new to me floor standers

Holy cow! That is truly annoying.
  9. Urvile

I need some help with new to me floor standers

I'm a real fan of Polk R700, they are a bit out of your price range, they do measure well.
  10. Urvile

YouTube Audio Reviewer Tier List - Jan 2023 Edition

Has anyone mentioned Perl Acoustics ? This guy really troubles me..
  11. Urvile

The audiophools have discovered Purifi! (Perl Acoustics discusses Purifi)

A little truth here, he says Amps may become commodities, but then he goes straight into the phoolery..
  12. Urvile

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

Using watches as a analogy, that doesn't make sense; form follows function, and sizes are fairly standard. Wouldn't speakers be the same? (edited for grammar)
  13. Urvile

So, are Class A power amplifiers actually any good?

Thank you for another rabbit hole for me to go down! :p
  14. Urvile

YouTube Audio Reviewer Tier List - Jan 2023 Edition

Does anyone have an opinion of Hans Beekhuyzen? Some of the stuff he says seems to make sense, and others to me seem like complete drivel, EG he loves audiophile network switches. TheHansBeekhuyzenChannel
Top Bottom