Recent content by unloren

1. U

Eve Audio SC305 Studio Monitor Review

Late to the party but want to add my 2 cents. I had these speakers in my room for about a month and absolutely loved them. A bit surprised to see the poor measurements because they sounded quite flat and controlled to my ears. The bass, while limited to 50 hz +, was sublime. Anything you play...
  2. U

Amphion studio monitors

I appreciate your thoughtful reply, napilopez. I think what I'm trying to get at, or at least one point I'm trying to get at, is that the speaker measurement metrics used here may not be as applicable for the purposes of studio monitors, or monitors as mixing tools, than they are for speakers...
  3. U

Studio Monitors - Dynaudio Core 47 vs Neumann KH310

Did you end up getting the KH 310? I’d just offer one more recommendation which is that the KH310 is neutral and has great bass extension in a compact footprint, but for mixing I found I really needed a second pair of speakers to check the vibe of the mix with. Even something small and cheap...
  4. U

Amphion studio monitors

This is a slightly old thread but I just wanted to chime in. I picked up a pair of the one18 a couple months ago after demoing both the one15 and one18. I like this forum a lot and I appreciate the science-based measurements/reviews of speakers and amps, but in this case I think people are...
  5. U

Can I move things in room after calibration?

I wonder if Trinnov has a more efficient microphone with that three-pronged design...? I was surprised how loud it had to be as well. The Sonarworks calibration has a setup procedure that sets a minimum volume threshold before it will begin and that's how loud it had to be before it would start...
  6. U

Looking to upgrade near-field studio monitors

If you check the Geithain specs I think it shows 50 Hz at more like -5Db.
  7. U

Looking to upgrade near-field studio monitors

Update #2 I guess there's no way around the fact that a 5" woofer just can't move enough air to really reproduce those lower frequencies. I'm having trouble mixing my kicks and sub sounds and I'm wondering which would be more effective; do I go through the somewhat difficult task of setting up...
  8. U

Best Speakers (Studio Monitors) to Hear Reverb

Based on the speakers I have at the moment, if the high end is hyped it places instruments like guitars, percussion, and vocals closer to you, almost like a holographic effect. This creates a sense of depth in the recording. My other speakers measure more flat, and everything, whether it's hi...
  9. U

Best Speakers (Studio Monitors) to Hear Reverb

I have two sets of monitors in front of me right now, Geithain RL906 and Amphion one15. I decided to do a quick and dirty reverb test and here's what I noticed. The Amphion has more midrange and so I hear the reverb in that range with more volume in detail. If I pitch up the source, in this...
  10. U

Thanks for the replies. Is it okay to change the EQ settings on the rear of the monitors or will that throw off the measurements?
  11. U

I recently took the plunge and bought Sonarworks for room correction eq. I was taken aback by how loud the speakers have to be during the calibration process. Living in an apartment in Tokyo, the calibration process was a nerve wracking experience, not only because of the noise but because the...
  12. U

ATC speakers / Monitors

What would you like the measurement to show you?
  13. U

ATC speakers / Monitors

If that were the case the mixes would not translate well.
  14. U

ATC speakers / Monitors

My sentiments exactly. If an ideal listening monitor and an ideal mixing monitor are indeed different, it would be invaluable to identify the criteria of a good mixing monitor and measure for that.
  15. U

ATC speakers / Monitors

Not being sarcastic here, but have you heard them/mixed on them? I had a pair of Amphion one15s on loan for a few weeks and my impression was that, while they didn’t wow me on first listen, the tracks that I worked on while I had them tended to sound more balanced and “professional.” Almost as...
Top Bottom