Recent content by Unclevanya

1. U

22 channel Soundstorm prepro to be installed what amps do you recommend?

@amirm in your review of the a800 you said, "Don't use it on sensitive speakers you may hear some hiss (although turning down the gain may help some)." It isn't clear what you consider a "sensitive" speaker, is there a rough guide in efficiency rating that would be where you would worry this...
  2. U

22 channel Soundstorm prepro to be installed what amps do you recommend?

The a800 review stated this... "Don't use it on sensitive speakers you may hear some hiss (although turning down the gain may help some)."
  3. U

Adcom question

? I understood the wiring and series resistance, I don't understand this.
  4. U

Rubber isolation feet worsened speaker performance?

Those results were from the phone placed on the floor, which seems to indicate less transmitted vibration into the surroundings.
  5. U

Test: I'm having a slight issue that requires expertise ...

Have you tried simply setting it back to factory defaults?
  6. U

Decent headphones for a friends son below $200.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/studio I like this site, they do objective as well as subjective ratings. Their budget studio headphone recommendation is $49 on Amazon, ignore the screen that looks like they don't have it and click more buying options to see it. Or if neutral...
  7. U

Linn Basik LVX and an MC cart?

I have to amend this comment given the comments from DSJR. I don't have the long term experience with what wear has done to that tonearm over time.
  8. U

Old Formula 1 video. Nearly an hour long so only watch if you are interested in fairly historic F1. May be spoiled for some by me being in it

The video shows as pulled for copywriter reasons. I'm sad to not be able to see it. Fascinating subject.
  9. U

Multiple shallow subs

Aren't those particular subs designed for use flat on the floor? I thought the intent was to put one under the couch not vertical behind furniture.
  10. U

Thread closures and controversy versus reality. Spoiler [Fact on the ropes]

This site seems less about musical expression and more about musical reproduction. Good use of irony however.
  11. U

I will also suggest that people need places they can escape the current news cycle to avoid unhealthy obsession and overload.
  12. U

My 2 cents as someone who ran my own hobby site. Politics are poison to constructive discussion. Religion isn't quite as bad as fewer people seen as passionate and uninformed. My site banned all discussion of both topics. It was hard enough to keep discourse civil without that distraction...
  13. U

Round-up of small, battery USB DAC/Amp/Bluetooth receiver devices

The Qudelix app shows a crossfeed option, but I don't own one yet so I can't comment on the effectiveness.
  14. U

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Interesting. I thought I'd seen some differences but I could be mistaken. Again just asking for clarity, if base boost is off then both are flat including sub?
Top Bottom