Recent content by Ulmer

1. U

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

I have a retail pair running firmware 1.5.0.4. Received them yesterday. That ~10-11K boost is present. Noticed it immediately with ANC on and it's a bit less wired and ANC off. In all modes the 11 kHz, -5 dB, Q = 3.2 filter addresses the issue for me and they sound brilliant for my preferences...
  2. U

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

Great reference MayaTalb! I'm one of the posters on HeadFi. After seeing these measurements, I just added a single EQ filter in Roon: 11 kHz, -5 dB, Q = 3.2 This removes the most objectionable brightness / sibilance I was hearing. Still a little hot, but those Resolve measurements seem to...
  3. U

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

BluOS 3.16.1. Released November 23, 2021. Support for Dolby Atmos on the SOUNDBAR+. New audio settings and profiles for the SOUNDBAR+. The addition of Tunify, a commercial music streaming service. Roon improvements including a new icon.
  4. U

You can use BluOS to set up a network file share (on a computer or NAS) that contains your music files as a source. Then you can just keep adding files there and play them with the M33. The M33 will not share out a file share on it's own. You'd have to update a directly connected USB drive the...
  5. U

Release notes are posted now to the Bluesound site: BluOS 3.14.31. Released October 13, 2021. Support for NAD M10v2 and C700. Multi-language support on front panel of C700, M10, M10v2, M33, M50.2, T758v3i, T777v3i and T778. Updates to Send Support Request.
  6. U

That's a bummer. Didn't know your history with DIRAC. If you have prior filters that are much better, that makes it easy to judge. My first experience was with the supposedly bad 3.1.1 version, so I have no prior frame of reference. I hope you get it sorted out!
  7. U

Is it possible that they're not actually out of phase? Maybe you just don't prefer the DIRAC adjusted sound? What speakers are you using? Are you applying the adjustment to the full frequency range, or just under 500 Hz? I have the full license and am applying it to the full frequency range. I...
  8. U

Original measurements were with the bundled mic, connected to the M33 USB port, and the Mac DIRAC app 3.1.1. New measurements were with the UMIK-1 with Cross Spectrum Labs calibration file, mic connected to Mac directly + Mac DIRAC app 3.1.2.
  9. U

I purchased an M33 recently and ran DIRAC with the included mic using v3.1.1 of the software. Didn't seem awesome. Ordered the a UMIK-1 calibrated mic. I just recalibrated with the new mic and v3.1.2. Wow! So much better and a big leap forward versus having correction turned off. Better...
  10. U

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

I purchased this a couple months ago for $900, to use mostly for the DAC and Roon streaming. It felt like a splurge then. Didn't realize the price went up. Over $1000 would have been a challenge to justify since I wasn't really planning to use the headphone amp. I think it's a reasonable deal if...
Top Bottom