UliBru's latest activity

• UliBru
    UliBru replied to the thread Next Level of Performance DACs..
    I do not believe in audio myths. But indeed I have noticed audio differences with different USB cables feeding my RME Fireface UC. A...
  • UliBru
    Basically the channels can be assigned and routed arbitrarily. But this does not make sense. Of course I can tell you about the...
  • UliBru
    Usually a music player reads the samplerate of the music track and sends an according samplerate command to the soundcard. The U-DIO8...
  • UliBru
    What do you mean by "i get the 48k drop down to 44.1k" ?
  • UliBru
    I use the U-DIO8 with 4 TacT M/S2150 amps connectec by AES/EBU in a 4-way active horn speaker setup. There is no problem at all.
  • UliBru
    UliBru replied to the thread Time Domain measurements?.
    Yes, but many people do not understand the frequency domain in its full meaning. They just look e.g. at the frequency response plot of a...
  • UliBru
    You also said before: "What I was trying to say (and believe that I did say in an adequately clear manner) is that if the low-pass...
    • Time.png
  • UliBru
    I have simply tried to give an answer to your statement: "It will somewhat resemble a square wave, but one where the fundamental...
  • UliBru
    A 15 Hz square wave consists of sine waves 15 Hz, 45 Hz (3*15), 75 Hz (5*15), 105 Hz (7*15) ... Now you take away 15 Hz and get a lowest...
  • UliBru
    Here is my result with 200 Hz squarewave and 80 Hz lowpass 12 dB/octave
    • Time.png
  • UliBru
    Hmmm. The waveform you show for the subwoofer contains some very high-frequency components as evidenced by the steep vertical rise. If...
  • UliBru
    Some examples of a truly bandlimited squarewave @48 kHz samplerate: 100 Hz 1500 Hz 7500 Hz The last example consists of 2...
    • sq100.PNG
    • sq1500.PNG
    • sq7500.PNG
  • UliBru
    And if you measure your system with microphone and soundcard also keep in mind that the analog-digital conversion also limits the...
  • UliBru
    1. IMO it is misleading to create such squarewaves as they clearly hurt the Nyquist-Shannon sampling theorem. A squarewave consists of...
  • UliBru
    Here you go, the blue curve is the summed step response
    • Time.png
Top Bottom