Recent content by Ty Bower

1. T

Seeking recommendation for Bluetooth DAC/AMP

Yes, I'm very pleased with my BTR5. Absolutely no regrets. It gets used nearly every day. My iPhone has no headphone jack, so Bluetooth is my preferred connectivity option. I recognize the BTR5 may be somewhat overkill for this application, as all (?) Apple products use AAC only over Bluetooth...
  2. T

I received the FiiO BTR5 in the post this afternoon. In the few hours that it has been in my hands, I've been extremely pleased with it. Zero regrets. Range is adequate for a Bluetooth device. It's physical size is ideal; I honestly would not want anything smaller. SQ is rather good to my...
  3. T

I'm looking for something portable to use with an iPhone 12. It will likely be paired with other devices in the future. Bluetooth is the required connection. My headphones are Audio Technica ATH M50x and Sony MDR V6. I believe both are of moderate impedance (32~64 ohms) and reasonably efficient...
  4. T

Review and Measurements of SoundBlaster X-FI HD

Thank you for the recommendation for the K5 Pro. I bought one. I've added my comments to the K5 Pro thread. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/fiio-k5-pro-first-impressions-untrained.8999/
  5. T

Fiio K5 Pro First Impressions (Untrained)

I received my FiiO K5 Pro as well. It was ordered from a vendor on Ali Express on September 12, and arrived here in the United States less than two weeks later. I bought this on a recommendation from a user on this forum when I asked what I might purchase as a replacement desktop amp. My old...
  6. T

Thank you all for your recommendations. I greatly appreciate the advice and suggestions for replacements of my X-Fi HD USB. Yes, it is a silly thing, but the 1/4" headphone jack is a requirement for me. It brings me joy, and on this I will not compromise. I'll take a look at the models noted...
  7. T

Sorry. I ought to have simply said my budget is $200
  8. T

No more than twice the cost of the SB1240
  9. T

Apologies for reviving an old thread. I own the Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB, and found it quite useful for very many years. The connections and features are simply ideal for my environment. I appreciate the simplicity of a single USB connection for both data and power. I use the 1/4" headphone...
Top Bottom