Recent content by Twx

1. T

Fast Review of Luxury&Precision E7 DAP(Prototype)

No more pictures of the outside of the DAP available? It’s got swappable DAC, yes?
  2. T

MQA, where is decoding done, what is required?

I know that… you’re not at all noticing a difference in sound, not quality. Sound. Distortion and slight modifications would change the sound, I don’t think I could even remotely find that one is better quality as I can’t hear quality. You’re saying there’s no difference between the MQA sound...
  3. T

MQA, where is decoding done, what is required?

Having a FiiO dongle with full MQA on my iPhone vs my mojo2 on my MacBook - the MQA’s sounds warmer and fuller - almost like a tube filter of some sorts have been implemented. Now it’s clearly not an A/B test - but I find MQA to sound a little better than Apple Music, albeit not as clear/clean...
  4. T

What IEMs do you own?

No they sound better by the day - while there’s others out there - using the car analogy: some Rolls Royce, some handmade exotics etc - they all seem to cost way more than worth/be limited/possibly sit in the garage for months if an issue, and likely also break down as less quality control...
  5. T

What IEMs do you own?

Sound only - or more?
  6. T

Prove that cables and burn in doesn’t matter

That’s what I’d like to see measured… Good talk
  7. T

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

How much of a difference? 3500 dollars difference? 10%?
  8. T

The only way to really test anything is if you combine these tests, add a drop test, portability, compatibility (easy to drive, number of cables/connections), Length of warranty and a few more then add costs. You’d have (ScoreA* ScoreB* ScoreC*Etc)/cost Then you can start to really compare...
  9. T

I was ready to pull the trigger on Hifiman HE1000 v2 because of the reduced price + 3 year warranty and okayish cables (3)… quality of build is like a bamboo house v.s., granite on these. I just can’t justify 4000 for headphones right now. So I am praying that there’s an update coming to the...
  10. T

Do I need a dac/amp or just amp on a MAC?

So I’ve not been researching audio for that long, but I think I am slowly getting there… It took a while until I realized that most (?)of the staging/EQ/tuning/separation/etc is coming from the AMP and not the DAC. The DAC is really just a “technical” transformer? The reason I am asking this...
Top Bottom