Recent content by TuteTibiImperes

1. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

That’s a lot of wireless stuff. I avoided it for a long time as well, but eventually broke down and picked up the. AirPods Pro because my gf didn’t like me talking on speakerphone when I was on the phone with her and doing things around the house. I still like my Bose QC25s for flying, I...
  2. T

Headphone amp you like better than RME ADI-2 DAC's amp?

I’ll echo how nice the Midgard is. The amp in the ADI 2 DAC is very good, and I used it myself when my Ragnarok 2 developed a channel imbalance. It seems like the Midgard is a bit more spacious and has more impact in the bass, but I’ll admit it could be just placebo effect.
  3. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

AKG Q701 Audeze LCD-3 Audeze LCD-5 Audio Technica AD-500x Audio Technica ATH-WP900 Beyerdynamic T1.2 Beyerdynamic T90 Bose QC25 Beyerdynamic DT177X DCA Ether CX DCA Aeon RT Open Fostex TH909 Hifiman HE6se Grado PS1000 Focal Elex Koss ESP/95X KLH Ultimate One Sash Tres Sennheiser 6XX Sony...
  4. T

Tube-y Tube Amps

Thank you. I’d love to get to a canjam, I’ve never been to one.
  5. T

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

JBL has a ridiculously large and varied product line, for better or for worse. Harman uses the brand to sell everything from cheap portable Bluetooth speakers to ultra-high-end stereo and HT speakers and electronics that can retail over $10K, plus a ton of pro-audio stuff. Because of that...
  6. T

Tube-y Tube Amps

Those are gorgeous. I really like the one with the wood that looks like it has an XLR jack as well as the 1/4”, that’s great for convenience and not having to deal with adapters. Do you take commissions for custom builds on these, or will it only be the version available via ZMF if someone...
  7. T

Tube-y Tube Amps

It’s cool software that I’d like to play with, but it looks like it’s PC only and I have a Mac, plus my headphone setup is all driven by an iPad hooked via USB to my RME ADI-2 DAC.
  8. T

Tube-y Tube Amps

Thank you! That’s a ton of info to check out. The one thing I didn’t like about the Bottlehead amps were that they’re OTL, so they wouldn’t play well with some low-impedance headphones I have. I’m not confident in my DIY skills either, I’ve never tried to solder anything. I’m thinking I’m...
  9. T

Tube-y Tube Amps

I’m considering picking up a tube headphone amp. I already have a Schiit Midgard for a neutral and honest amp, but I’d like to play around with something that has those tube distortions and harmonics to contrast, and preferably find one that’s as tube-y sounding as posssible. Ideally I’d...
  10. T

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

I’m really perplexed by the headphone output figures. If this does 26w into 8 ohms, it should do 13 watts into 16 ohms, and 6.5 watts into 32 ohms, at least roughly. Somehow only doing 11 mw into 32 ohms makes me think the headphone section isn’t being driven by the same amp as the speaker...
  11. T

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Dolby Atmos (not sure if there’s a DTS equivalent) sort of changed the game for channel count since it’s an object-based format instead of a pre-mastered for a certain number of channels format. So if you’re streaming or using a disc with an atmos soundtrack it will automatically adjust to...
  12. T

DALI Oberon Vokal Center Speaker Review

Martin Logan uses an MTM with their new MotionXT C100, but it’s interesting in that it’s a 2.5 way design to avoid comb filtering, I’d be interested in seeing how that works out in measurements.
  13. T

Marantz Cinema 40 AVR Review

The D The Denon A1H (and presumably the Marantz AV10) moved to the ESS 9018K2M chips, so it’s entirely possible the rest of the lineup has switched to ESS as well.
  14. T

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Trnnov units are essentially PCs with a custom software stack and a bunch of extra IO ports. They’re also considerably more than this unit. It turns out writing the software to handle AV duties and being able to convince the rights holders your PC-based platform won’t lead to mass piracy and...
  15. T

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

There’s a lot more that goes into the price than the BOM though. They have to account for R&D, licensing costs to Dolby/DTS/etc (which increase based on the channel count of the unit), marketing costs, warranty costs, higher labor costs since this unit is assembled in Japan, etc. Then...
Top Bottom