Recent content by tusing

1. tusing

Best nearfields under $5k all-in?

It seems that the amp board has problems. It runs $475 to replace a single one. Shipping is also expensive for something this heavy, and I no longer have the original packaging so figuring out how to pack these would be a huge pain. I personally won't be buying KEF again even though I own many...
  2. tusing

Yeah, but they are no longer under warranty so I'm looking at between $800 and $1100. I am not sure they perform well enough to justify that (I mean, I love them, but still.)
  3. tusing

So I guess it's between the KH150 and 8331A. Any advice on that selection?
  4. tusing

Thanks. Do you have any links to news on the new KH-310? I couldn't find anything with a few quick Google searches.
  5. tusing

Hi folks, My KEF LS50W Nocturnes crapped out ($2500, active) and I'm looking for a replacement. My request is that these are: - nearfields (sitting ~3ft away), - functional close to the wall (3-5 inches of separation). - active, or if passive, the price of a good amp can fit in the $5k I...
  6. tusing

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Yeah, or when spatializing 3D audio. I think the HRTF personalization also applies to stereo?
  7. tusing

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Has anyone tried these with Personalized Spatial Audio? I’m absolutely loving them now whereas I had a lukewarm impression before personalizing. The sub-bass response on Apple’s AirPods line is to die for
  8. tusing

Selling my Dan Clark Stealths at a crazy bargain!

Hi folks, withdrawing this listing. I've decided it can't hurt to have a TOTL pair of headphones for when the headphone itch strikes me again.
  9. tusing

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

As I'm exiting the headphone hobby I'm getting rid of my Stealths for $2349 ($151 lower than the lowest aftermarket price I've seen on these. and $1651 lower than what I bought them for.) DM me here or on Head-Fi if interested!
  10. tusing

Selling my Dan Clark Stealths at a crazy bargain!

View my original post and sales reputation over at Head-Fi Classifieds. Hi friends, I regret to announce that after over a decade, I am leaving the headphone hobby to finance other endeavors. As such, I am selling all my accumulated gear. For sale here is a Dan Clark Stealth at significantly...
  11. tusing

A subwoofer will always add to the tactile experience of listening to any music.
  12. tusing

Any recommendations for a good Bluetooth DAC for the Stealth? The Qudelix 5K works but I'm pushing it close to the limit and battery life is only a few hours. iFi xCAN and xDSD Gryphon were both too quiet (esp compared to the Qudelix in balanced and +6dB mode.)
  13. tusing

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

This little thing works so well with my DCA Stealth that I'm considering ditching the RME ADI-2 and using this as my only DAC+amp. And it's only a tenth of the price and it's portable, which is huge for me! The AAC Bluetooth implementation also seems to be done correctly on the Qudelix 5K...
  14. tusing

Losing low end with wireless sub kit

Audessey displays curves on a "per-speaker" basis. It does not display your curve editor, frequency response, or frequency correction results as a "summation" of all speakers - it only shows the per-speaker contribution. As such, you're probably seeing a drop - like I did - because your...
Top Bottom