Recent content by TurdiesBirdies

1. T

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

Another vague post. Why are you even saying anything, if you aren't willing to actually say something?
  2. T

Kind of vague post. What do you refer to?
  3. T

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Currently: 599SE Grado SR60E Q701 Denon D2000 PortaPros Klipsch XR8i Previously: DT990 DT770 K701 Grado SR325i Grado SR60i Wish I had kept the beyers and grado 325i's.
  4. T

If your goal is sound quality, buy another USB cable. USB to speakers, USB to DAC to A90 to headphones. Then just change your sound output on Windows or Linux , whichever one you are using. Since your speakers will convert any analog input back to digital, I would avoid their analog inputs all...
  5. T

If that is the case, then why even connect them to the A90? You won't be gaining any sound quality, you would only be losing SQ. Don't hook them up to your DAC or A90 at all. Just hook them up directly through USB. Going from D, to A, to D, back to A is going to degrade sound quality, and just...
  6. T

Why would the preamp being doing an AD conversion? Or the speakers? Once the DAC does the DA conversion, the chain will remain analog. The A90 is an analog device. And the powered monitors are an analog device. Using their stand alone DAC is likely to be much higher quality than the dac built...
  7. T

But then you can always change to new volume position to use a new circuit? I still ordered the A90. Shipping soon. But wish there was more info on this pot.
  8. T

Yeah I ended up seeing that reading through the thread. Is this to be any issue for long term channel stability? Seems like not a good option when SH-9 and H16 have resistor relays?
  9. T

I haven't really since this point addressed anywhere I have been able to see. But how is the volume attenuated? I see on other DACs like the H16 and SH-9 having stepped resistor relays. But don't see anything like this on the A90 PCB. How is the volume of the A90 attenuated? Is it just a...
Top Bottom