Recent content by Turambar

1. T

Phone as DAP?

Think twice, you will need a tool to cheat the Android mixer or get everything resampled.
  2. T

RME DPS-2 Linear Power Supply

Agreed, disappointed to see that RME is entering this line of business.
  3. T

What are your top 3 IEM ?

Truthear Zero Red, Moondrop Variations and Meze Rai Penta are the three I use more often lately.
  4. T

64 Audio tia Trió IEM Review

This is indeed a good question for 64audio, and its costumers.
  5. T

Do you refer to yourself as an 'audiophile'?

I would rather describe myself as a 'melomaniac'.
  6. T

Qobuz or Tidal?

Yes, there are still plenty of MQA tracks. Tidal has created two tiers: HIGH, that means CD resolution, and MAX. Inside MAX, there are again two tiers: FLAC where there are all tracks that are 24 bits, and MQA, where we have the remaining MQA tracks.
  7. T

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Actually, I own an RME and it's not so easy for me to differentiate, not from the WiiM Pro Plus that I don't own, but from a regular WiiM Pro or a WiiM mini that are mounting DACs that are measurably inferior to the RME. However, RME has a cornucopia of features, very solid and durable device...
  8. T

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

"Quite significantly enhance the sound with ann upgraded DAC", when the current one is pretty much transparent, looks like selling snake oil to me. :confused:
  9. T

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I thought you were just being honest about your experience, that was also perfectly fine, we are listening to music with our brains, not just our ears. Now, I see you have an agenda, and not a pretty one, really. ;) From a minion here.
  10. T

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Right, but how are managing this situation DAP manufacturers, like FiiO, to run Apple Music in HiRes, no resampling?. They use Android, but couldn't WiiM do the same in their own platform?.
  11. T

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

"Glück, das mir verblieb", the beautiful duet from Korngolds's Die Tote Stadt:
  12. T

Headphones x IEMs poll

I use both headphones and IEMs regularly. Also speakers. And I love live music, too. :) Certainly, IEMs are making big, big progress lately. The last couple of years, or so. For a pretty small amount of money, you got great performance, as we all can see just by reading the reviews on this...
  13. T

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

You keep repeating this message time and time again, assuming something must be wrong because Susvara (6k) loses out to IEMs that costs less than 100 dollars. But look at it the other way around. Maybe the problem is that the Susvara, and other headphones / pieces of audio equipment, are...
  14. T

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Dark Hope is a 2010 album of indie rock titles sung by opera soprano Renée Fleming:
  15. T

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Mivos Quartet rendition of Steve Reich's Different Trains:
Top Bottom