Recent content by TungstenC

1. TungstenC

Drop AKG K7XX Review (Headphone)

A while back I was EQing the 7XX by ear by using Solderdude's measurement as a guide, tone generator, pink noise, some music and ended up with an profile quite similar to the review. I have notice similar findings in the 2K region, at first I was confused as to why is sounded "overly bright"...
  2. TungstenC

Speaker Testing: why mono is better

When doing listening tests speakers in mono. Is the audio playing in stereo(listening to either L or R) or is it downmixed to mono?
  3. TungstenC

Share your in-room measurements?

Without EQ, I find it too bassy, the EQ tames it just right. The 300 Hz dip makes it a bit hollow, but other than the that the sound is definitely balanced. The distance is around 70cm from the speaker, if I'm only listening. Usually when I'm browsing the web its around 50-60 cm.
  4. TungstenC

After some listening, the dip around 300Hz is definitely audible... I tried placing a pillow on the desk and the side wall but the dip doesn't seem to be affected. Before I got the stands, placing Genelecs on my old monitors didn't have the 300Hz dip. (will have to try moving around the...
  5. TungstenC

I'm not sure how audible it is, but I could test it out this evening. The speakers are mounted to a stand and placed on top of the desk. It didn't use to have the dip when the Genelecs were placed higher up on a pair of JBL 305P MKii s, as such I suspect the reflections from the desktop below...
  6. TungstenC

Measurements taken awhile back; Genelec 8030C s on the tilting stand, MMM RTA, Harman target, no smoothing. Before: (averaged between multiple measurements) After EQ:
  7. TungstenC

Quiet Compact Mechanical Keyboards

I am assuming that fully-customizable is referring to other hot-swappable keyboards. From my experience with another how-swap the YC66. Switches are very easy to replace, just push in the mounting clips on the switch and pull out. To install, inspect if the pins on the switch are straight(not...
  8. TungstenC

A Kailh box switch with the click bar would be more similar in feel to the buckling springs than Cherry with click jackets(the bump is much sharper compared to BS, while the Kailh is quite progressive) I suspect the pink to be quite close to buckling spring from the force curve: thicker click...
  9. TungstenC

For any one looking for the model m, it is still in production with the original(?) tooling from IBM/Lexmark on pckeyboards.com (Unicomp, classic version) *Reviewer's voice may blow your subs :D They have just recently released a new model m with thinner borders(more compact, new tooling...
  10. TungstenC

The mouse nav cluster is definitely unexpected. :D While silicone dampners are a good alternative, they don't fully silence the switch as the sliding stem still hits the hard top housing of the switch(producing the second clack), whereas the silenced switch has rubber stop for both.
  11. TungstenC

That is a lot of function keys O.O
  12. TungstenC

IMO push the button now might not be a bad option as that keyboard perfectly fits your need, If the dye subbed keycap do wear out(will take a while), you could get some replacement double shot keycaps down the line (eg. link looks quite clean so many options out there)
  13. TungstenC

If you are going for the pre-built option most of them will probably have cherry silenced switches. (more silent than zealpc ones, due to softer dampeners, link to a comparison) Unless you go on the custom route there aren't many options that I currently know of. Durgod keyboards does seem to...
  14. TungstenC

To EQ Or Not To EQ, that’s the question.

The Filter Number, Filter type, frequency, gain, and Q(width) correspondingly to the table on the EQ pdf.
Top Bottom