Recent content by TrueBlue

1. T

Sabaj D5 vs. SMSL M500 vs. Topping DX7 Pro: measurement comparison

Does lowering the digital volume on the DAC affects the sound quality?
  2. T

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

I'm currently using the SMSL SU8 (V2) with Schiit Magni 3, and I ordered a THX 789 that should ship in December. Do you think an upgrade from SU8 to M500 is worth it?
  3. T

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

For instance I guess many DACs costing more than $800 from Sony, Cambridge, Marantz etc can't actually beat the D70. So I would prefer having a setup good enough while not costing a lot, and be happy forever.
  4. T

True dat. But it seems in the audio world everything can be exaggerated. Many expensive DACs or amps from famous brands aren't actually as good as cheap ones
  5. T

How about SU8 vs D70? If there wouldn't be significant difference in quality imo SU8 is a better deal. Wonder how much our ears can tell
  6. T

That's one of my doubt. Can we actually judge a DAC's sound quality by simply looking at the SINAD value? Not familiar with the technical stuff. Anyone care to elaborate?
  7. T

I don't care too much about those quality of life difference so I'll go for the SU8. I use it for a desktop setup and I just need a DAC with performance decent enough. Seems a bit hard to justify the doubled price for the D70
  8. T

Is the higher intermodulation distortion on the SU8 a deal breaker? Would there be a significant difference to the ears? Wondering if the D70 worths around double the price of SU8
Top Bottom