Recent content by Triliza

1. T

TV Series Suggestion Please

I am a fan of Japanese movies and series, period and contemporary, but usually I don't enjoy too much the mix of Japanese and Western elements on the same plot. This has been the case lately for Tokyo Vice and Shogun (first episode).
  2. T

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

I think you are seeing too much in all this. If you think that people's responses here are sarcastic, tell "non-audiophiles" that you or someone you know spent $10K on a dac and watch and hear how they would respond. You may need to explain first what a DAC is, but yeah. My take is that what...
  3. T

I don't imply anything about morality in my post. Something can be said about that also, but it's not my business to dictate to you what you do with your money. If for all the nice things in life you need/want/desire, giving $10K for a dac is something you don't have to think twice, consider...
  4. T

I think this is what bother me the most also. This kind of purchases make sense only if you are a multimillionaire. Even if you have money to spend as you like without regard, why give it for a dac. Just build a second (or fifth) system with some top-tier active speakers, or horns, or whatever...
  5. T

Schiit is doing it if I am not mistaken. You may be right up to a point, but we are talking about $10K here. If that seems like pennies to you, consider yourself lucky.
  6. T

A new rule should be introduced to be able to post in threads like this, if someone's net worth is below a threshold, say a million or two, you are not allowed to post. Otherwise this is insane, way too much money for a dac (apologies to the member that send it and many thanks for doing so...
  7. T

I swapped Ls50 for an R3 meta ….im I imagining

Edit: Oops, sorry, missed the META thingy... From Amir's listening test: From Erin's listening test: Room modes, toe-in and placement, as suggested already try to take same measurements and experiment with EQ. Edit: Oops, sorry, missed the META thingy...
  8. T

basic components needed for 5.1.2 setup

I meant left and right front speakers. I'd suggest you look something from Elac, for fronts Elac DBR62 would be fine. They also have some low budget subwoofers. Have a look at Polk speakers also, they make also some decent tower speakers too, one was reviewed by Amir if I'm not mistaken. If you...
  9. T

The x2800h does not offer any pre-outs for the LR speakers. Also I think it has only Audyssey XT, not XT32, I don't have any experience with either, don't know how important that is.
  10. T

You should start with the AVR. The usual suspects is Denon X3800H, which was a little bit worse that the older model AVR-X3700H, so if you can find X3700H cheaper, consider buying it instead. Denon has cheaper models down the line (AVR-S970H), which should be fine for a 5.1.2 setup. What is the...
  11. T

You'll get more helpful recommendations if you disclose your total budget?
  12. T

Extreme Snake Oil

Googled it to see what the heck this is supposed to mean, and it seems cryogenic treatment of metals is a thing, supposedly it can affect their lifespan if I understand it correctly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryogenic_treatment
  13. T

Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Review (Speaker)

He commented about that in an earlier post: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wharfedale-diamond-12-1-review-speaker.26780/page-8#post-952264 I find this conversation about flat vs speakers with a small dip like this one very interesting. Dr Toole's research back then...
  14. T

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

If there was an assignment in a university / college on electronic design to make a product like this and a group of student came up with this, I would like to think the professor would not grade them with an A+, especially with an available budget like the price of this one. It's about the...
  15. T

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

It has some shortcomings that are discussed in this thread, and more power wouldn't hurt anyone and may be needed here and there. It can become an "end game" product for someone, meaning that you may never feel the need to get something else, it's like me and Elac DBR62, I am happy with them...
Top Bottom