Recent content by TrevC

1. T

KEF R3 OR BOWER & WILKINS S706 s2 ???

A meh speaker isn't going to become a sensational Revel (what is it about this brand?) by reducing a room mode common to both speakers being tested. Now have a drink.
  2. T

But the overall sound of the KEF wouldn't change, so ........
  3. T

The room mode wouldn't have changed the overall sound that much, only in the bass.
  4. T

ISOTEK EVO3 Aquarius Power Conditioner Review

Any power filter? Nah. It would have to drop an awful lot of voltage to be audible, and if it did that it would likely catch fire. What we have here is called the nocebo effect.
  5. T

Blind test your speaker cables vs...

You just buy nice thick ones (low resistance) and forget. No need for blind tests.
  6. T

I notice that the 706S2 can be bought for £699 now the S3 is out. A bargain, surely.
  7. T

A bit of backtracking. The room mode would have also affected the Revels he compared them with. I would rather own a speaker that measured poorly than one that measured well but didn't sound as good. In any case, where are the measurements of the Bowers 706 that are so bad?
  8. T

I don't suppose you've heard the 706 either. Sigh.
  9. T

Amir didn't think them all that wonderful. "Alas, once again subjective feeling was low. My standard routine is to cycle through my reference clips that I have selected during all my normal listening to sound superb on my Revel Salon 2 Speakers. Sadly hardly any of them sounded all that good...
  10. T

Weird how the KEFs performed well in tests yet Amir didn't like the way they sounded all that much but they ended up on his recommended list anyway. I can unconditionally recommend the 706 S2 because they sound awesome.
  11. T

Jay's Iyagi claims a scientist finds measurable difference in "Audiophile cables"

Of course there is no difference in sound quality between hifi gear that uses balanced XLR and that which uses RCA phonos. Not because of that, anyway.
  12. T

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Why would anyone need to bother to do a listening test when there can't be a difference? You would just get a list of imagined differences!
  13. T

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

In fact power cables can't affect sound quality.
  14. T

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

What do you think these things could possibly do?
  15. T

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

As you are a non-technical person you will have to take my word for it!
Top Bottom