Recent content by Transmaniacon

1. Transmaniacon

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

Thanks I’ve got one already!
  2. Transmaniacon

Thanks, yeah of the ones that are recommended. Is there anything higher up the SMSL foodchain that is worth it? I just stream music from my Apple AirPort Express but would like to move to an iPad hard-wired system for hi res content.
  3. Transmaniacon

Is this still the cheapest DAC with an internal power supply? I’d like to replace my Topping D30 to clean up the power brick in my stereo system and thought this could be a nice option. Is there anything from Topping that is comparable with an internal power supply for around the same price?
  4. Transmaniacon

New Towers-BMR Philharmonic, Revel F208, or other?

Polk R700 could be something to consider as well.
  5. Transmaniacon

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

Sure that is a concern, but I am not buying the ridiculous looking cables, just something like reviewed here that has a nice sheathing while still being light.
  6. Transmaniacon

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

A lot of times the "nice" cables look a lot better than the generic stuff from Amazon/etc. I have some of the cheap AQ stuff because it looks better and lays a lot better than the other USB cables I had laying around. I can see all the wiring in my open rack so I wanted something that looked...
  7. Transmaniacon

Polk R700 Review by Audioholics

A sub is pretty much always going to do a better job with the low frequencies. I’d try like a 60Hz crossover and see how it sounds.
  8. Transmaniacon

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Too bad they are discontinued!
  9. Transmaniacon

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

To me the HD6XX are supremely comfortable. I can wear them all day without any sort of fatigue. I find the comfort is pretty consistent across the HD lineup, but some of the cheaper cans can have a bit too much clamping force or feel a little creaky. I also have the K371 and it is very...
  10. Transmaniacon

I think that’s fine for the 700s.
  11. Transmaniacon

How far apart can you make them and how far away would you be sitting?
  12. Transmaniacon

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

The R100 would be plenty for surround use unless you listen to a lot of multi-channel music.
  13. Transmaniacon

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

There are certainly movies that do a better job than others at surround sound content. You don’t even need very capable speakers to act as surrounds. You’re right to spend the majority of the budget on the center and subs, and surrounds can be added later, but they still provide a good...
  14. Transmaniacon

There are plenty of movies with great surround content. No denying the front stage is important but surround sound provides great immersion.
  15. Transmaniacon

Good sounding speaker! I am loving my Polk R200s, glad to see their more budget options still performing very well.
Top Bottom