Recent content by tranq

1. T

Review and Measurements of Schiit LYR 2 Amplifier

Was the Lyr 2 reviewed just as an a avenue to bash the Lyr 3??
  2. T

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

CCAs aren't perfect, but man do I love my 5. Awesome stuff. Just wish Spotify programmed their integration better to get gapless. It's a drag listening to classical albums.
  3. T

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

Emotiva A-100 would be a great one to test.
  4. T

Schiit Saga Grounding and Hum Issues?

I really hope you are communicating with Schiit on this. Jason can be reached easily via head fi, sbaf, or email him directly at schiit. That stuff is all supposed to be checked before its put in the box. They aren't a perfect company, but I believe he cares. If mistakes are being made you need...
  5. T

I own 4 or is it 5 CCA's. I use 4 at any rate, might be a 5th floating around my house somewhere. Great device. I don't like the analoge output as much as the digital to a DAC, but if I don't have a DAC it works great. Been using it all weekend to stream Spotify to a Dayton audio amp, and some...
  6. T

FWIW I can tell an immediate difference between usb out to my modi 3 when using pixel 2 vs Pixel XL on my 2 ch work monitor system. I have family Spotify account. Both devices are logged into Spotify under different accounts. The soundstage and imaging drastically changes. Picture my arms...
  7. T

Onkyo a9010 or Emotiva BasX A100?

I got the A-100 today as a present from my wife. It's fantastic with my Elac B6 2.0s Also awesome with my HD6XXs. My Magni 3 might be relegated to occasional home use in the main rig.
  8. T

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Thanks, yeah I've been reading up on speaker cable theory to try and better understand why I am hearing such a difference. The easiest and most plausible explanation I have read at this point isn't that the new cable is that much better then the old cable, but rather the connections of the new...
  9. T

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

@amirm Not sure if this is the place for it or not, so I am sorry if it's been commented on elsewhere. What are your thoughts on cables, and their ability to transfer quality signal between one point to another? DAC to preamp, HP amp to HPs, USB port to DAC, etc. Have you ever thought of...
  10. T

@amirm Good evening, I think alot of us would really appreciate you testing out how Chromecast Audio casting functions in certain apps. Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz, IheartRadio, Deezer. All have casting functionality.
  11. T

Aye, the NWavGuy bit was meant to be an obvious be tongue in cheek, and to stir the pot. And yeah, Schiit does well with many folks, less well with others. Truth is somewhere in between as are most things. I appreciate the testing and use it as a piece of the puzzle, but not the whole picture.
  12. T

Review and Measurements of PS Audio Sprout100

Thanks for the review, ive both lusted after this item, and thought it was overpriced. Now I know it's overpriced. Would love to see the NAD 3020 v2 get reviewed. I have some elacs that could use a better class D amp then my Dayton
  13. T

Yeah I agree their communication on this could be better. I imagine it could break the company if they had widespread issues. I don't agree with your F rating though. The perception on both SBAF and head Fi is that you are a virulent Schiit hater, and are basically out to get them. Maybe you are...
  14. T

I don't disagree, just wrote what I'm seeing.
  15. T

You are assuming they know how many units have grounding issues. If the problem is a manufacturing one, they don't know how many units have actual problems. Could be many, could be few. From what I read on head Fi they are testing all units that come in for servicing for grounding issues...
Top Bottom